Visual Disturbance: Scotoma, After image, Visual Aberration Has anyone experience this?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay, I know I'm not good at explaining things but I have been experiencing some visual disturbance. The first time I notice it its at the lower corner f my left eye. Its like faint white cloud sometime greyish circle forming in your vision that doesnt go away and gets bigger when you move/tilt your your head or even when you move your eyes sometimes it flickers. It's really hard to explain but it started in left eye but now I have it in both of my eyes.... I'm also having this after image or something like when a camera flash in your eyes and theres a negative image I usually see it after looking at my computer screen or phone. I havent visited my doctor because I dont have money but I am really worried about my vision

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi...this is almost exactly my aura too. I take it you have headache with it or after. Very hard to describe I know. I have it with migraine associated with vasculitis. Do you have other health problems too?? Have a look at my profile. Margaret
    • Posted

I don't experience headache... I don't have other health issues the last time I had my eye check up was Feb and the result said that I have RPE (Retinal Pigment Epithilium) defect on my left eye but it seems like I'm having problem in both of my eyes sad I'm also experiencing double vision

• Posted

Need to get your eye examined by an eye dr. You say you don't have mioney so I assume that you are in the US? 

So what do you usually do when ill?

• Posted

I live in the Philippines. I am currently unemployed and we don't have free eye check up here unlike other country we do have charity hospital but the problem is that they don't have enough facility and machine for eye check up.

• Posted

So sorry I don't know what to suggest you do need to have an eye check up really. We can only speculate about what it may be but only an eye doctor can diagnose this. X

• Posted

It's frustrating sometimes thats why I am always asking or joining forums like this to know if anyone also experience the same and ask support because its actually causing me panic attack. I'm 25 years old and already experiencing all this visual disturbances I'm scared but hopefully when I have money I'll get my eyes checked

• Posted

hello debjavs

We empathise with you. Is it possible for you to tell us where exactly you are so that we may search for a way of helping you?

I have panic attacks caused by similar sorts of worries about the NHS and how it is declining and only a few minutes ago on the news there was news about another accident and emergency unit closing down in Chorley Lancashire.

As I said I too have panic attacks and seizures due to epilepsy and a thyroid problem . I have floaters in my eyes and have to have them checked out regularly. Thankfully I am lucky because we have a very good eye hospital only 8 miles away.

I know that that does not help you but at least you know that you are not alone.

Please let us try to help you and let us know were u are .

which are made worse by worries abpout 

assessing healthcare and I live in England. I hope that that may be of some consolation to you. 

• Posted

How much does an eye examination cost in the Phillipines?
    • Posted

I live in Cavite which is a province near metro manila. Rural hospital rates per check up ranges between 500-1500 philippine peso which equivalent to 10 usd to 25 usd. There is additional fee if your doctor ask you for series of test which can cost more than 500 usd.
  • Posted

I so agree that you need to have your eyes checked but add that I have had this for about 11 years (currently controlled with medication) and only once during that period had mild uveitis. But you need to get it checked for sure. You can't take chances with your eyes and even if there is a chance of something like uveitis you would need treatment. 

• Posted

you could be experiencing one of 2 things.  it could be floaters forming (which in reality there is nothing you can do) and the other could be catarats .  Either way you still need to see a doctor.  Listen i know money is tight, been there but don;t mess around with your eyes.  you don;t want to lose your sight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.