Extremely high cholesterol reading

Posted , 7 users are following.

My parter has just received results from recent blood tests and his doctor has called him in urgently as his cholesterol reading is 24! Everythng i read online shows that anythnig above 7 is high but I cannot find anything online for a reading as high as his. His GP has said its the highest he's ever seen and I am seeking further information from anyone that may know more?

My partner is not exceptionally healthy but he does excercise regularly, is within his target weight range, doesnt eat excessively etc. Ininitial thoughts are that there must be an underlying issue for his readings to be this excessively high. Any info anyone may have would be appreciated.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't have an answer, but just had my test results back. My ldl was so high they could not give me a reading as it was too high for the lab. So I am assuming mine must be 24+. I too am trying to understand the cause!

• Posted

Your reading is not correct: 

Cholesterol 24    ?

What country your at .... is there some different metrics there..

• Posted

I took a statin and ezetroll ,only meds that really brought my cholesterol down under the required level.

For my statin leg pain I eat peanut butter everyday and zero pain result.

Reading over the years I've seen just as much benefits for statins as harm.

For me personally it's done well.I do believe it prevented a heart attack by restricting swelling.

Look after your arteries

• Posted

Just to give you feed back on what worked for me. I significantly reduced my sugar which also tends to reduce your fat by default(not totally). I also took omega 3oils and 5 months later my cholesterol levels are normal 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.