Warfarin xarelto

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can I take war again after stopping xarelto? How long after?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi William

i was on Apixaban for about  1 year.

I was not great about it and reverted to Warfarin.

I was off Apixaban for about a week before going back onto Warfarin.ŷ

It has taken a couple of months and is still not very stable but it is getting there.Good luck.

• Posted

Due to family history and all the problems with warfarin I refused it and was given Rivaroxiban instead. No checks needed. However I started bleeding so they put me on Dabigatron

• Posted

William I do hope you are aware of how stopping ANY anticoag puts you in jeapordy for stroke PLEASE confer with your doctor; Here we just give our opinions or experiences and we are not doctors smile

• Posted

I developed a Hemogloma after being put on Xarelto (Riveroxiban ) I am sure which was the cause if it,Because my invisible veins" I refused warfarin although it is tried and true and DOES have Vitamin K as a antidote if a bleed occurs,,I am now trying Elliquis  after being on Plavix for awhile  because it has an antidote even though the drug itself has not been proven as a better anti stroke risk..I may have to have emmergency surgery so bleeding is a concern for me and I  do have a semi antidote if bleeding on Eliquis...I HOPE .

• Posted

Dear William

Stopping any of the new anti coagulants without medical advice is fraught with danger.

A much as I despise taking Eliquis which impacts on my life on a day to day basis, I would never consider stopping it as it can cause devasting strokes. you really need to see your Dr.

This is a forum...no one can or should advise you what to do. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.