Small hard lump under armpit? Bit worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

Need some advise and hopefully some reasurrance , I found a small , hard lump under my right armpit it doesnt hurt . Aches a little . Noticed it 2 days ago. Im 44 . Believe im already on my change. Periods very irregular. Normally 28day cycle.

Should I be concerned. ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, probably nothing to worry about, maybe a cyst. Don't try an Internet diagnosis. Go to your GP.

• Posted

Hi Sue, I say, "if in doubt, get it checked out", it costs nothing, and saves a lot of worry on your part

• Posted

I would certainly have it checked. The sooner the better. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Sue 'I am an 18 year BC survivor who was diagnosed and MIS diagnosed for 7years when I KNEW my body and insisted on an ultrasound no matter what the oncologists were telling me it was a tiny benign lump.. but I had a private Ultrasound and Voila stage 4 BC..So do not take any chanv=ces hon I guess I had God and a good sense f humor on my side cos I am still here ,,AND it may be benign BUT check it ASAP .Remember the faster it is discovered IF ot is Malignant the SOONER you can start being cured ..Good Luck sweetie and we v=can only give you support and encouragment BUT an ONCOLOGIST . will be the way to go....mamos did not find mine but an ultra sound in a GOOD lab done by a doctor not a Tachnician caught mine .My prayers are with you 'Good Luck do it NOW but do not panic even if bad news I am proof it is not a death sentence ESPECIALLY 18 years later thaan my diagnosis ..they know so much more now...Keep us informed xxx

• Posted

Thank you all for your advise.

I still haven't plucked up the courage to go to the doctors. The lump is still there. Not got any bigger. It doesnt move and doesnt hurt.

Could it still be a cyst or swollen glands

Thank you again for all your advice

• Posted

Hi ladies

Thank you all. Such a great site. And I appreciate all ur replys and advise.

Like a donut I still haven't been to see my doctor mainly because im hoping its just a swollen gland.

Yesterday after talking to my daughter and her asking me to take some pics of my breast and forward them onto her . So took photos . Sat back down ready to look through pics and select one to send to my daughter (who has been a fantastic listener n support)

And WOW I was so shocked. " how did I not notice this" maybe cause its happened suddenly my right breast has got alot bigger than the other.( normally both breast are pretty much the sameish size )its massive, no visable lump, iv tried to feel for one but as im a 38dd my breast are always have been lumpy. So cant feel much. But I a sufferer of psoriasis . Have been for 6 ish years so wrn my right nipple started forming a crust it didnt worry me . . Im planning to phone doctors in morning for an appointment. But I doubt that eill happen cause im terrified.

What s going on . Help pls?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.