MRI results

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi.. I had an arthrogram and MRI yesterday as I have a CAM lesion on my hip and "benign" tumour in my femur. I was told it could take a up to 1 week for the report to be written, but as I am impatient a called my surgeons secretary today to try and get an appointment for when the results are in. When she checked the system she was shocked as my report was already there, I was offered an appointment for 3 weeks time!! Should I be worried that the report is back so quickly?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No. They always give you a follow up appointment if it was anything nasty they would have rang you and you would have been given brought in sooner under the two week wait referral
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply.

I have now received a letter with an appointment for a CT scan on the 17th august, do you think it's unusual to have a ct after an MRI as i thought they would get all the info from an MRI?

• Posted

Not really ct and mri look at different things so they do various tests to build up the best picture of the whole thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.