Why is it that some people seem really happy when you're down in the dumps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Why is it that some people seem really happy when you're down in the dumps but when you're happy they're back to being miserable rolleyes quite strange

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Happy people may be trying to cheer you up. Benefit of the doubt
  • Posted

Maybe they're just trying to cheer you up when you look unhappy.

• Posted

Oh.  Sorry.  I didn't see the exact same answer.  But my husband does that all the time with our son.

• Posted

It could be what the others said, or it could be that they don't see their life as quite so bad in comparison, or they could be narcissistic sociopaths.Do they have a mental illness?

It's hard to know the reason for sure, and it's easier said than done, but we must not let others affect us so much.

You have 3 choices, IMO, 1) let it make you more miserable, 2) tell them how you feel or 3) decide it's not going to bring you down further.

I wish you all the best xx

• Posted

Yes I think it's just that - they don't see the life quite as bad in comparison. Yeah anxiety and depression they suffer with

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.