Frozen shoulder pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had a pain in my shoulder for about 2 years now. A constant feeling like it needed massaged. I was told a few months ago I had locked joints in my neck and a few weeks ago that I have frozen shoulder. I have limited movement in my left arm, recently a pressure all over the top of my bag like that m carrying something heavy, pins and needles in my shoulder and neck. Is this normal? I'm due to go for a X Ray but I'm just really worried that something is wrong. I've just had enough of it now it's really getting me down.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie,

can I suggest you visit your GP. Your symptoms sound like mine were almost 2 years ago. I saw a Doc, was sent for scans etc. I had an inflamed bursa in left shoulder which was causing all the pain as well as a torn tendin in the arm which I didn't feel. Was sent for cortisone injection directly into the bursa (by ultrasound) which did not work straight away. I was in agony for months as my arm became almost welded to the side of my body. I found a really good Physio who understood the condition "frozen shoulder".... it took many months of 1 Physio session a month. Eventually and slowly my arm started to move again. Now almost 2 years down the track I am a lot better, no more pain but do still have little niggles in the shoulder when I try to stretch the arm. I can live with this now. Good luck, it's an awful condition. I hope you find relief quickly.

• Posted

What did the dr recommend for your shoulder? Living in chronic pain is very exhausting. I had xiaflex injections for frozen shoulder. It helped releive the pain and the ROM returned after therapy .

take care

• Posted

Hi, I had (having) the same symptoms, started with the right shoulder, then left shoulder too. First the said it's FS, but then after a urtra sound scan and x-ray, was diagnosed with impingement. Have the x-ray see what it shows. I had 3 steroid injections on my right shoulder, 2 didn't help, but the 3rd one relieved the pain for a good 5 months, but now back again! Injection on the left shoulder didn't work at all. I get wrist pain too, after the last injection on the right, the wrist pain was gone, they thought it was a carpal tonnel syndrome. 

I hope you get better soon.

• Posted

I had a few appointments at physic but due to personal reasons I had to stop. I had a baby last Nov, my mum passed away in January and my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer a week later so I'm not sure if stress/anxiety can make it worse? I've been offered injections but my doctor blantently told my I could die so that really put me off. I'm going for X Ray today so hopefully they can get to the bottom of it. It was just the pins and needles sensation that really worried me . Thanks for your replies.

katie

• Posted

oh I am very sorry to hear that, it's been a very difficult time for you. Having a baby is the best thing can happen in someone's life, but it requires lots of physical movement which can cause lots of pain too. I really sympathise with you, I wish I could be more helpful.

I used to get pins and needles on my arm and my face (left side), which was very unpleasant, first I thought that I am having a stroke or something, but it was because of my neck, I suffer from Cervical spondylosis

please keep us informed about your x-ray result. Best of luck

• Posted

Hi Katie,mine frozen shoulder only lasted six months of pain and I think I will have my neck pain forever mine was a work accident sliping over neck and frozen shoulder then the night mare started with the pain it brought on crohns and the medicines that they gave me stuff me up with fingers lost,stroke,amputated leg,what a night mare but Im still here if I can put up with all that I know you will reach the other side,find that happy place to go, A song that makes you happy and put all the blues away and if that dosen't help type to us,because we have been there and know that dark tunnel that you are going through air hugs Rose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.