Oral Linchen Planus and Dapsone

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have OLP which will not settle having tired numerous medications my consultant is now going to try Dapsone .

I have had this condition for 4 years and it's a painful nightmare.

Has any body had success using this drug .Im very concerned about the side effects . To 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I chose not to go on Dapsone after Plaquenil and quinacrine did not help. There was constant blood  monitoring with both and I wanted no more of that and the side effects! What has helped me the most is a book, The Autoimmune Solution. I have been on the AIP diet for a year, slowing reintroducing foods. Have a flare up now...must have eaten something I shouldn't have!  

• Posted

Thank you for your reply ,I am very very reluctant to start this drug because of huge side effects.Also the constant weekly bloods .

Can I ask AIP DIET what is this will look at the book too any thing to help night mare condition abd painful. I'm 

• Posted

You can google the AIP protocol. I bought the book on Amazon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.