Help clit has no sensation and dry below

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi since my son was born 20 months ago my vagina has shrivelled up and my clit sensation has gone. My clit is tiny.

Is there any thing that can help me?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,so were you diagnosed with atrophic vaginitis? I have it. Can tell you a few things. First thing is a definite diagnosis.
    • Posted

I haven't as of yet. But this has been gone for nearly a year. I went through a terrible break up. My doctor is telling me it's psychological. I really don't think it is and hope not. As I've tried and willed it to work.

Please tell me how yours came about and if there is any hope?

Thanks

Rachel

• Posted

I just was wondering about the diagnosis as you must be quite young and that diagnosis usually happens later in life. Im post menopause and its hormones that usually caus the issue. Its treated with hrt and even over the counter products like replens. Have you had your hormones tested?
    • Posted

My doctor has referred me to see a gynacolgist. So far I haven't received my appointment. Also I am really young I'm 28 and this is worrying me a great deal. I'm having my blood checked on Monday to see if this is connected to my thyriod. I'm really depressed about this. Do you think it will come back? How would I be diagnosed?

Thanks

• Posted

I was just diagnosed having a pelvic exam. They can tell by that. Since you are young for diagnosis you will probably also have to have hormone tests. Im sure its very unnerveing. Keep us posted. Xx
  • Posted

Don't worry honey.  This is caused by a drop in estrogen after you gave birth.  It is not uncommon, particularly if you are breast feeding. Usually your vagina and vulva will return to normal after awhile or after you stop breast feeding.

However!  This is totally reversible with the help of vaginal estrogen creams or pills.  They are inserted into the vagina for two weeks and then two days per week after that.  By three months the vagina is usually back to normal.  Sometimes you will have to continue the treatment, sometimes you can go off of it and be just fine.  

Go to a gynocologist as soon as possible and try not to worry.  You will be okay.  I will be praying for you, that the Lord Jesus Christ heals you.

Lisa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.