New to methotrexate and really nervous

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 26 years old and I was prescribed methotrexate 2.5 mg and I am so petrified about loosing my hair. As well as all the other side effects. So I just want to know what other people's experience is with this med?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, i'm on methotrexate and started at 10mg and was terrified of the exact same thing. Luckily loosing your hair is very rare and my doctor assured me of this. I've now been moved up to 25mg and only suffered slight nusea for a few hours, I do feel a little more tired the next day but I just sleep this off. Hopefully you won't experience sickness with 2.5mg but all the best hope this helped smile

• Posted

Hello,

I take 12.5 mg and the only side effect was nausea and being extremely tired the next day. After a month I was having no side effects at all! That is a really low dose, so hopefully you don't have many if any side effects.I hope this helps, best of luck!

• Posted

Hi I have the weekly injections, I am on  20mg injection plus medication for the side effects, I have long hair, 63 years old, I have two weekly blood test to make sure thing are ok. At my hospital you have a nurse or sister you can ring at any time with a problem. I have not had any hair loss at all, plus I do not have any other side effects, the injections are helping me as the swelling on my left foot and leg are 85% better. Talk to the consultant or Nurse at your hospital. Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.