Diagnosed with PCOS last week and prescribed birth control •HELP!•

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and I really need some help/advice. I was recently diagnosed with pcos and I was prescribed birth control by my doctor. I've never been on bc so I'm pretty confused.

Heres my issue: I've been bleeding since my transvaginal ultrasound last week (which is when the technician told me I have pcos) but I don't think it's my period. I think it's the PCOS. But then again, I don't know when I actually have my period anymore because of all of my bleeding problems lately. So do I just start the pills now or wait until my actual period, which is idk when? Lol HELP!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The bleeding is probably from the ultrasound itself, Its common. If your period is sporadic, start it when you want to. My Dr's would always say "start it after your last day" like hello! That's why I'm here! So you want me to start it tomorrow or in 4 months?? Because I don't have one.. I always try to keep it with the days on the pack. Otherwise I have to write over them, which is sloppy and hard to read.

• Posted

You could even start today, since it's Monday and most packs start on Sunday. Then when you get your next pack, skip your last "period pill", and jump into a new pack. So you start your packs on Sundays.. I skip those a lot depending on what's going on, and when I will have my period. Lol

• Posted

I actually started it last night! Thank you! I hope the pills help because I'm so over this ugh

• Posted

I recently went to my ob, she switched mine because I've been getting bad cramping. She told me it has to have 30 to 35 (some measurement) of estrogen. Its a trial and error. I've been on like 6 different bcs. The one before last made my boobs hurt sooo bad!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.