Pain under right rib..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a colonospsphy done because my brother passed at a early age from colon cancer.Then about 2 months latter o started hurting gassy and stomach pain with constipation and diarrhea. I wwnt and had a upper Endoscopy done .Was told o had a hernia but nothing too worry about and put me on otc prilosec .And i had gastritis no cancer signs. She ask how i had been feeling I told her the Only way i could explain it was the gas is not completly gone but better BUT i have pain under my right rib like someone stuck a sock under it. SO she sets me up for a ulersound of my gallbladder and then some kind of die to check something with gallbladder. To see if its my gallbladder.I m supposed to do those two test in two weeks. Has anyone els been through this and of its not my gallbladder what could it be Im scared to feathbot may be my liver. Thanks for reading and any feed back.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This may sound odd but have you tried an elimination diet? I tried the Comprehensive Elimination Diet and it did wonders for my inflammation. I have Psoriatic Arthritis, Thoracic Outlet Syndrom, had a duedenum ulcer that perferated, and some gallbladder problems. The diet also works for my gallbladder pains. They come and go but are definately aggrevated by anything I eat high in fat or grease. You start bare bones (which sucks a$$) but end up with a botched version specific to what your body likes. Not to say I follow it ALL the time, I'm a normal person, but when I start having issues I buckle back down for a while. ... Just an easy idea to try out. You can dl it online for free. Diets suck but Pain is worse, not to mention debilitating. Good luck!

• Posted

It's not your liver Guarenteed based off symptoms could be pancrease but doesn't sound like it...they are doing a ERCP or a MRI looking at your common bile duct for a block and for stones. Gallbladder removal is a piece of cake...amylase & lipase (blood work) will tell you if it's your pancrease. And a Ultrasound could help diagnose the issue

Good luck

• Posted

I have an ultersound schulded for 23rd. Then some kind of dye test Dr ac5s like she already has her mind up to remover my gallbladder. Fromnwhat im reading many people have a lot of problems after gallbladder is removed. I just think maybe ther is another way too solve this witout renoving gallbladder.
    • Posted

They can place a stent in your common bile duct when they do your ERCP. There is a MRI available to evaluate your gallbladder instead of a ERCP, I think it's a MRCP. They take out your Gallbladder laparoscopic so it's really easy and not very invasive. The more tests the more your doc makes too.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Im learning about this whole ordeal. I have a question. Would you do the ultersound ? Im thinking about doing the ultersound if she says i do have gallstones trying have them pass by doing a nautural  way. but i think i need too make sure it is gallstones first. and not my liver.
  • Posted

Ive been have pain under my right rib, ive had that feeling like i have a ball stuck inder there on and of for maybe a yr or two. But know sometimes I feel as if i have broken ribs and often a swelling under there . I was told by a different doctor that i need a cat scan, o have to see my primary care doctor in order to have one done,nut she said to her it sounds as if its the gallbladder but more concerned ot may be my liver. My dr. Is on vacation i cant see her til sept. 29th. I know how you feel. I m a bit worried my self, hurts so bad sometimes i cant roll over in ne, a couple times my husband had to help me up out of bed. . I wish you the best.
    • Posted

Roseanna.What a pretty name. Im ccuriouse to why a ct.scan.? Ihad a ultersound that was normal. An tons of bloodwork. My bloodwork came back normal Except i foynd out o have hepatitis A and i know how i got it. A batch of strawberrys .beleive me i wash all my fruit and veggies now before they go in my frig. I have been told that coyld be causing this pain.and you described it exactly too the T.!! When i told my husband it felt like s9cks matted or wadded up and stuck under my ribb he was like what.? L.o.l anyway I went this morning and done the Nuclear hydia scan to make sure my gallbladder is functioning right. If it comes back normal .Im going too take a break from more test and keep on the healthy eating not drinking alchol for a few months and see how it goes. Because 8days afo i said i have too do something o was scared too death .so i put the beer down and started eating right the pain is slowly getting better. Im hoping this is all due too the hepatitis. And ibs. We shall see. Keep me updated and goodluck.
    • Posted

Sorry about typos in letters .didnt have my glasses ..l.o.l

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.