Having surgery in a month

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey! I've suffered with these cysts for about a year now. Antibiotics after antibiotics never worked for me they just kept coming back. The doctors finally got me at the hospital and I'm finally having surgery in a month. But 2 days ago I got all the signs and I can feel it building up AGAIN. Will o still be able to have surgery and Can anyone give me some tips and let me know what surgery is like? Just to put my mind at rest! Thankyou!!

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have had 3 operations and trust me its better to have the operation ... such a relief of pain like you wouldnt believe.. i hope your op works first time four years after my op i think i have another coming back
    • Posted

I'm hoping it works out too! Never had any surgery or anything so I'm really nervous! Did they put you to sleep?

• Posted

Yes oh I wouldn't of stayed awake while they where doing that lol

• Posted

What type of surgery did you have mate .. with u thinking it's coming back..

I was just cut from top of bum crack down to actual bum 12 cms and dug out lol... took about 12 month to fully heal .. I've just got back to normal lifeish

January 7th last year I got my op

• Posted

I haven't had any surgery yet. My pre op is on the 17th Aug and then my operation is on the 5th September.

• Posted

Yeah I read that matey, I was asking Jason what surgery he's had done for him thinking it's coming back..

What surgery procedure are u having done Meg?..

• Posted

No need to apologise lol.. but yeah I literaly got cut straight down.. and stitched.. 12cms from bottom of back to actual bum.. was a nightmare as stitches didn't work.. had to be cut back open 2 month later and layed open for the nurses to pack me daily.. I will refuse surgery if it ever came back because it took too much out of me .. mental wise.. 12 to 14 month to fully heal nice.. it's a nightmare to heal cos bum crevis is a hot and sweaty place for some were to heal.. this problem is undercooked by the NHS I think.. it's a lot more serious then they think.. impacts the person massively physicly and mentally and they treat u as though " get over it, it's only the flu " type of attitude

Good luck and hope it heals asap

• Posted

I'm just worried about my job! I'm a personal shopper so I'm constantly running around as its so fast paced and I don't think work realise that it could take a while to heal

• Posted

Oh yeah this isn't something ur back to work in a month type of surgery

But I guess it depends what surgery they do on u how deep they cut u etc.. that will all make the healing time depend on.. they could stitch u and it might work and u heal half as quick as others.. fingers crossed all goes smoothly and we'll

• Posted

Don't do it. That's my tip. Nothing will be gained by them cutting it,and it will come back. You will build up scar tissue, and then it will be harder for it to open up on it's own. When you feel it filling up, put warn wash cloths, or heating pad on it to bring it to where it's  ready to open,then have a family member push on it to get all the junk out. You will have much needed relief. Put Icthammol ointment on a bandaid and put it on cyst. It's a drawing salve, and will help draw the junk out. when it is full, make sure someone push's on it,and get's all the stuff out, then ointment. Cancel surgery.

• Posted

To be honest im not sure .. each time i had one  it was supposed to be just lanced .. but each time i have woken up after i had to hear them tell me they had to cut all of it out and that it had tunneled to the lower spine. and that that is where the BIG danger is. after the operation id recomend lazer hair removal

• Posted

Oh right I get ya.. were have they cut u.. on your back? Myn was like bum crevis.. horrid man lol worst Time of me life it was

Pray to god I never get one of them again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.