Amlodipine 10 mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, i have beeen taking this medication for a about a month and i have had allot of issues like pain on my left side of my body and weekness in my legs especially the left one and feeling very tired and im going to stop it to se what happens with my legs and feelinf dizzy all the time.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jason:  I stopped after six days because of the major leg pain I was dealing with and also it felt like my heart was gonna beat right out of my chest.  Really scary.  I tried a few natural things that didn't really work, but my doctor put me on Losartan 25mg and had a few minor issues when I first started it, but this is the one for me.  You might want to ask for a different type of BP med.  Everyone has different reactions.  My good friend is on Amlodopine with no issues, but I could not tolerate it.  Hope you find one that works for you.

• Posted

Thank you Patty for the info i will do so!!

• Posted

Hi jason 

if you read all of the discussions around amlodapine you will see that your symptoms mirror most peoples.Did your doc warn you about side effects?I had a similar experience to you started on 5mg increased after a few weeks to 10mg as it wasnt coming down enough ankles swelled up the next morning felt awful and ended up with celuitis in one ankle that was terribly painful i was put on antibiotics and my gp acually wanted me to stay on the drug at 5mg with an extra drug i decided to stop meds and try supplements and lifestyle changes 

• Posted

I also experienced weakness in my legs. I didn't really notice it at first but after a month or so my legs felt really woozy and weak. I'm thinking my ankles were a little swollen also I also felt dizzy and had to catch myself a couple of times. I took myself off of the amlodipine for a couple of weeks now and I feel a little better. My legs are not weak and tingly now. I was also getting really depressed with the amlodipine. More so than usual. I have a history of depression anyway. I still feel drained but overall I'm OK. I'm checking my blood pressure every day and overall it's pretty good.

• Posted

Hi Connie, thanks for sharing your story. Today i stopped this medicine and i have to play detective and i wanna se what happens as time and days go on. I already asked my doctor to switch my medicine and i am hoping things will get better .
  • Posted

Hi, no he did not but i took my self off of this medicine today of course i strted to get headaches because i didnt take my toxic pill but i already contacted my doctor and asked him to switch me to a different bp medicine with less side affets and not this anymore. Thanks for the update and yes i did se allot of people had issues on there left side for some reason and my left leg still hurts on the calf part and felt a little weak but thats why i stopped this medicine i wanna se in a few days how i will feel without this toxic pill?
  • Posted

Hi, I had/have major Left Side issues (shoulder pain, abdomila pain, leg pain, foot pain, numbness, shortness of breath, insomnia) with Amlodipine 10mg. It didnt start untill few months after taking it, plus I was training for Half Marathons, so muscle pain I thought was due to overuse. After about 4 months I began having the distinct numbness and slight tingling on entire left side of body, including head/face.

My initial thought was OMG I might have had a stroke and didnt realize!?!? Went back to doc about the left side numbness symptoms (didnt ellaborate to much on muscle pain at that time), yet she did not make the link, nor did I. Had multiple X-Rays and MRIs, saw chiropractor and nuerologist plus ortho sports doc, all said there was nothing wrong.

I quit running due to pain on left side, eventually quit my job in Florida and moved back home to Michigan, became quite irritated by the littlest things, and extremley frustrated with my "mysterious illness" that a dozen doctors could not diagnos. (Frankly I continued to think I must have had a stroke that was undetected).

Fast forward 2 1/2 years later, 2 jobs later, 1 hip surgery later, 20+ pound later, 1 nuerophyscologial evaluation later, and thousands of dollars in medical bills, I somehow stumbled on these forums of people describing much of what I've been dealing with and the lightbulb went off!!!!

It's only been 3 days since my last pill (taking Lisinopril now) and I think feeling a little better. Hoping to see major improvement after some time being off this Amlodipine that I am fairly certain has been poisining me over last 2 1/2 years.

Anyhow, wanted to share my story for anyone else experiencing same.

• Posted

Hi everyone again, has anyone else experienced any leg pain after being on blood pressure medicine? I have been on Atenolol 25 mg and I still have left leg pain and calve pain. Is anyone else going through the same thing?

Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.