post polio and PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi anyone out there been refused PIP but have post polio syndrome.  I have just had to apply for PIP and wonder if anyone with polio has had their PIP refused.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had to apply for PIP, got turned down in March.  Had my DVLA taken away, that meant the car!!!!!  I did however get my more money as I need help indoors due to my mobility.  According to the paperwork I was sent m mobility is fine & I can walk, unaided, But I need help indoors??  I appealed once more but still did not get enough points.  I am now waiting for an aural hearing when I will be interviewed by doctors.  I am worried as I rely on my Blue Bage f I go anywhere & our council only seems to give them to people who had DVLA.  I bought my mobility car from them, thankfully my husband had just retired but we have had to use a chunk of our pension money.  If I don't have a car I would not be able to go out on my own.  Good luck with your application.

• Posted

thanks for replying, oh that's awful, are you able to PM me as I don't know anyone with this illness would be good to keep in touch.  Same here, I live on my own so if they take the car away that's me finished..I love the independence it gives me..My right leg is actually paralysed and need to wear a full length KAFO and use a crutch for balance..left leg has become weaker due to overuse and painful hips and joints...

• Posted

Hi. I know your post is a year old but just wondered if you were successful with your PIP application. Thanks
  • Posted

I had to go to a tribunal & was awarded my PIP.  The panel were horrified that I had to go to tribunal as I was obviously disabled.  You have to be prepared to fight.!  I know the British Polio are helping lots of people.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.