Feeling low and ill again

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I've spoken with many of you on here and how we're coping with Venalfaxine. Sorry I've not replied in the last couple of days but I've been feeling really low and ill again.

I'm taking Venalfaxine 3x75mg - Pregablin 4x100mg - Mirtazipine 1x15mg.

Don't know if I coming or going I'm in bed for about 16 hours a day, I have flu like symptoms, a sore tongue, lethargy like you wouldn't believe, sweating terrible and now pain in all my joints.

I've suffered with depression for over 10 years and have taking hundreds of different meds and none are working I don't know what to do!! I feel so low sad

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Are you sure you DON'T have the flu or a virus?  A lot of us have some of those symptoms trying to get off Ven.

• Posted

Hi Neil

My heart really goes out to you. And such a large quantity of meds too. The feelings and emotions we experience are so real.

On my bad days I'm best left alone but to be feeling as ill as you are, must be worse.

Do you have someone with you?

• Posted

Thanks Sara yes I've got someone here, but the feelings of dread I wake up to doesn't matter who's with me. I just wish the aches and pains I get all the time and confusion would stop. I just to be on the right meds. Thanks x

• Posted

Hi Neil

Aches and pains are the physical symptoms of depression. I try not to focus on them and certainly don't discuss it. I swear it makes me feel worse. In fact the only relief from aches and pain is to exercise. But it's having the will do get up to do it is something else.

Honey and lemon to drink is nice. Multivitamins and fish oil. Worth a try.

Sleep through the waves until you feel better.

Lots of love x

• Posted

Sorry you're suffering Neil ?? have you had a recent change in medication?

I take Venlafaxine 150mg (increased from 75mg a few days ago) and Mirtazepine 15mg. I have the sweating and confusion. Also facial numbness & tingling + a twitchy thumb. Could be worse I guess. No help on Depression front yet, so I understand your desperation to feel better xx

• Posted

I started Ven about 3 months ago with Mirtazipine and have been on a mixture of everything.

I've asked my counsellor if there's any new AD's out that I've not taken. He says theres not but not sure I believe him, is there anyone on here who's been prescribed a new drug that has worked, if so please let me know. Desperate for something to work.

Thanks

• Posted

sorry you are feeling htis way, there is always other drugs around but the medicine therapy is just a part of it , you need to find the cause of the problem to tackle it....
  • Posted

sorry to hear that, the pregabalin and the Mirtazine are know to knock people down, how long have you been taking them for?

• Posted

About 3 months, I would like to know if the side effects go or will I suffer as long I take the drugs.
    • Posted

the mirtazapine at low doses is more hypnotic than mood lifting, its difficult to advice really, but I have seen lots of people on higher doses doing well, you need CBT and try to tackle the cause of the depression....
  • Posted

It sounds to me like you've got the flu, or a similar infection. Virus infections always make me feel really low. Is your temperature raised? Try to look after yourself and let it run it's course, but if you are really worried you need to see your doctor. As I say, it could be nothing to do with the medications. I too take venlafaxine (3 x 75mg) and mirtazapine (2x15mg).

• Posted

Hi Pixie

What other side effects did you have and did they disappear and how long did it take.

Thanks

Neil xx

• Posted

Hi Neil. Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been out at my voluntary job for the afternoon. I've had very few side-effects from my medications, just a dry mouth and difficulties with reaching orgasm during sex ( sorry if that is too candid for you!). I am a woman, by the way. These are only slight, they don't bother me but they have slowly lessened over the months, or it may be that i've just found ways round them. I haven't even gained any weight, which some people get with mirtazapine. If I remember rightly I did feel a little more sleepy for the first couple of weeks, but I was glad of that because it counteracted the extreme anxiety I had before. I hope that answers your question?

• Posted

Hi thanks Pixie x

I really don't know what to do, stick with the meds and see if the side effects go or cone off them. I'm due to see my shrink on the 17th so will wait till then. I just feel that everyday there is something new, and yes problems with my libido too, I don't normally.

The thing iscever time I see my shrink I'm put a new drug or a new combination of drugs and I have to endure a whole new set of side effects. I just want these flu like symptoms to stop.

thank you xxx

• Posted

Myself, I found there was a wierd interaction between Venlafaxine. and Mirtazapine.   As I've been cutting out the Mirtazapine I have found my mood improving, and mental confusion and continual tiredness are slowly vanishing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.