Ive been given 10mg of propranolol by my gp

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had them for a week and still have not took them because of the side effects I've read. I don't like taking medication at the best of times I'm a worrier any help plz

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry, Joanne.  They are usually very well tolerated and will help with your anxiety.  Just give them a try, nothing nasty is going to happen.  What dose are you on?

• Posted

Just seen you have been prescribed 10mg.  If this dose is per day, the this is a mega low dose.  You'll hardly notice the difference!   Try not to worry, just give it a try. 

• Posted

Thank u pam I was worried as I don't like taking medication I never go to doctors. It's for migraines but they AV settled a ibit now but still have the pain off and on on my left temple but that's hoe my migraines used to start. Plus I suffer from panic attacks have done for years so u can probably tell how worked up I easily get 

• Posted

I know how hard panic attacks, etc and get the picture about how nervous you are.  This is hard to cope with but do try the propranolol, I am sure you won't have any nasty side effects and I reckon you might need a higher dose to feel any difference at all.  

Good luck, anyway - and don't worry!

• Posted

I'm on 10mg twice a day and they are fine. It's a low dose. Don't worry x

• Posted

That's what I'm on  I've took my first 1 ten minutes ago and I'll do same in morn what's best time to take them an can u do the same things during the day like shopping etc

• Posted

Of course you can!  You are not going to feel any ill effects, just a bit less stressed!  Time to take them?  I take mine just before I eat a meal, so for you, that would be pre breakfast and pre tea.  It is, apparently, important to take them before food rather than swallowing them after a meal.

Have confidence, look upon them as your friends rather than something to be frightened of.  They have been around for at least 40 years, they are well tried and tested, so please don't worry.

Pam

• Posted

Hi Michelle

I'm have been put on 10mg twice a day also but on lexapro as well. I have major health anxiety and was wondering if you know when I should take the lexapro????

• Posted

i was really anxious about the side effects as i dont like taking tablets and i have a heart block, but my doctor gave them to me for anxiety and panic attacks which i started having post operation for gall bladder removal, she told me to take 10mg three times a day but i only take it twice a day , it really helps doesnt stop me doing anything and im back to working 6 days a week, hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

Hi Joanne,

Please don't be afraid of taking Propranalol! The side effects, in my opinion, really aren't too bad. This particular drug has helped me so much with my anxiety and the physical symptoms associated with anxiety. If you've been prescribed this drug by your GP, I think you should give them a try.

All the best!

• Posted

Hey

You say they helped with you physical symptoms I get Aniexty chest pains would they help with them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.