Stem Cell Therapy for knees

Posted , 5 users are following.

This is a reply for Knewneeh.

I had SCT on both my knees in April and I am responding to Knewneeh from another discussion.  I don't know how recovery differs with a knee injury and osteoarthritis but I was bone on bone in my right knee that that strengthens by the day now.  Your exercising sounds ideal - just gradually build up as the strengthening lets you.  It is a gradual process as the stem cells grow so the main thing is to take it gradually and not overdo it initially.  I don't know what your work is but if you are standing all day I think I could do that but not hop,skip,jumping!  Hope this is helpful.  Best wishes for your recovery and please keep us informed of your progress.

?Jackie

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

This is a message for 86952

​SCT is still in trial stages in UK so I went to czech republic for treatment..  Sorry for short reply in other forum but was having difficulty posting in there.

• Posted

Hi Jackie. Can I ask in which country that you had your sct please. Just im wanting to ask my gp about it and if it can be done on the nhs (UK).
    • Posted

Hi Debbs73

I live in the UK and my treatment was for osteoarthritis in both my knees. This is still under trial in the UK which is why I had to go to the Czech Republic where it is licensed. My consultant in the UK seemed unimpressed by SCT and thought this was a therapy for way in the future. If your SCT is for another problem they do carry out some treatments in the UK so it is worth asking your GP and of course things are changing all the time.

Jackie

• Posted

Debbs I wonder if you cud share your experience with me bc I live in New Jersey USA so here it is approved but I paid 7,200. I had a torn ACL and meniscus with left leg being bone on bone.

What exactly did the Dr. Do for you? Thank you Evie

• Posted

Hi Evie. . My knee pain 1st started when I was 18 my gp at the time put it down to growing pains. Fast forward a couple of yrs still in pain. Finally being taken serious had a few arthroscopys on both knees had ligament release on right knee. Being past from hospital to hospital seeing different surgeons had injections in my knee. 1 consultant even broke my leg re-alined it and bolted it in place only for the bolt to come lose and pratrode through the side of my knee. More hospitals and consultants seen ,to now be told nothing more cam be done is a case of managing the pain (forgot to say had accupuncture seem numerous physios,creams tried )which is know good .I'm 42 I can't put any pressure on my right knee can't walk and distances due to the severity of my pain just below my knee I have hypersensitivity (right).I'm in constant pain take a variety of meds on a daily basis. Can't sit, stand for any length of time again due to the pain and discomfort. I also have back and shoulder problems (had 2 ops on my r shoulder).So as u can guess I'm very fed up and willing to try any suggestions and put them to my gp.The gp had also told me I've got the on set of arthritis due to multiple Surgeries.Thanks Debbs.??

• Posted

Hi Debbs

?I would ask you GP if SCT is an option available to you on the NHS.  It sounds as though you've been through the mill and they should help you with this if they can.  I know for younger people like you (I'm 67)  they do have stem cell options available on NHS especially if they can offer you nothing else.  I think stem cell therapy is the way forward and could really ease your pain.  Show your GP the posts from this discussion to show him that SCT can work. Jackie

?Jackie 

• Posted

Hi Debbs not sure if you read my first reply to your thread but I wud agree with Jackie in trying to see about getting SCT. Even if you hv had multiple surgeries and all the other things that come from that, your own stem cells remember how your knee/shoulders shud be from when they were healthy. They just regenerate and heal. Extrodinary as that may sound. Plz let us know your thoughts going forward. EV
    • Posted

Hi, 

I,m also interested in this tratement as I have artrthis in one knee, it's avalible in my country but before I want to make sure that it works, have any of you IRM after you've tried SCT, is there any cartilage grown?

Plese help with an answer I prety desperate and willing to try anything but it cost around1000Euros and I want to make sure it's worth it.

• Posted

Hi Jackie I hope you get this post. I had SCT in June of this year and you are right when you say gradual. My knee atrophied about the third week and I had to start to do some type of a work out so my Dr. agreed on water therapy. I started slowly with 30 minutes then hv been building. I get a lot of spasms and knee aches even if I just sit all day. Tylenol helps. I live in NJ USA. Where r u? The cost for me was out of pocket 7,200$ everything included. I work for the US NAVY as a Federal employee and I am a cook and baker on Special Mission ships for the Marines and Seals domestic and international. It's 13 hrs s day 7 days a week. I wonder how long it will take for me to be completely healed 90%? Evie

• Posted

Hi Evie

I live in the Uk. The therapy isn't licensed here so I went to the Czech Republic for my treatment where it is - it cost me about 4000 dollars for both knees.

I was told to cycle or swim at least 3 times per week which has worked well for me. A lady I know who had this treatment before me has deep tissue massage which she says works well for her but I haven't tried it yet. I have improved a lot in the last 7 weeks so hopefully you will see a big improvement before you start work. Your work schedule sounds rather arduous and I hope you will be able to continue your swimming therapy or use an exercise bike. Just don't panic now and overdo it - take it steady and I'm sure you'll be ready in September. I think I am about 80% healed in my right knee and 90% in my left which wasn't as bad to start with.

Stay cool!

Best wishes Jackie

• Posted

Jackie thanks to much. My left knee was Bone on bone then I tore my ACL and Meniscus. Can you tell me a little about your procedure? The price you paid was a lot less than what I paid, I'm wondering what was your experience? Can you share? Evie

• Posted

Hi Evie Have left a reply on your discussion page this morning jackie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.