Fatal Insomnia

Posted , 2 users are following.

It started 4 days ago when I stayed awake for 24 hours but didn't feel tired. I was very scared thinking it could be sporadic fatal insomnia. These past couple of days I've slept any where from 5-6 hours, but it doesnt feel like the same kind of sleep as before. I feel kind of paranoid because I think I might have it. I've been nauseous and I keep walking around. I mostly feel heaviness in my eyes but not necesarilying feel tired. It's important to note I don't do anything all day besides being in my bed on my phone, which might be why I can't sleep: having unused energy. I'd really like some insight as to what's wrong with me.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Miguel, this sounds so much like me. I experienced the same thing over a month ago. I have no idea what's going on with this insomnia. My eyes always feel so heavy when I wake up. I'm only getting 1-2 hours of sleep at night. I need help!

• Posted

I'm awake right now and it's 3:36AM. I haven't slept since 12 PM. I want to die.

• Posted

Well first, you'll have to try and think positive! You're not going to die! It's just a minor setback. I've only had 2 hours of sleep, but I know this is temporary. I pray a lot, and I'm confident that this shall pass. When I can't sleep, I go to YouTube and listen to relaxing sounds for insomnia. Have you tried that yet?? I wish you well Miguel. You'll be ok

• Posted

I'm very weak minded Denise, I also have been sleeping on lyrics about 2 hours a day. But my mom wants me to wake up at 7 tomorrow and take her with my grandma. And it stresses me out that I won't be able to sleep. My brother and her have both been through this because we have bad sleeping habits. However I am more weak minded.

• Posted

I'm 19 years old. I ended up sleeping for three hours, then again for another 2 or 3. It's just been like this for a couple of days. I felt very nauseous today and all I ate was a banana, grapes and a burger. Idk why I felt so scared, I've calmed down drastically right now. My worst moments are always around the afternoon when my thinking is off the roof. Then the night goes on and I calm down. Overall, I don't feel as bad as I should.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.