Does the morning after pill make me more fertile and will I get pregnant?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So a couple months ago my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and I took a morning after pill just to be extra cautious even though I have PCOS. I had no periods before this and I think the hormones in the pill caused me to get my period last month and this month. I was wondering if that pill made me more fertile? I had unprotected sex within the last week with no more morning after pills and I was wondering if I would get pregnant? When should I take a pregnancy test to make sure? I'm not on any birth control and I haven't had my period within the last 3 years except last month and this month. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think playing with the morning after pill like this could eventually make your hormones worse. If you are looking to have a baby the best thing to do is to keep a healthy diet and to excercise, limit caffine and wheat. I have PCOS and did these things before I got pregnant. At three months I had a miscarriage, but before trying again I'm going to really try to get on top of my weight and diet. 

You need to wait until at least the first day of your expected period before taking a pregnancy test, so if your period is due for example on the 15th of August, you can take the test from the 15th of August. 

Have you been to the doctors to speak with them about regulating your cycle? I was put on Metformin and this helped to regulate my cycle and balance hormones.  

Good luck x 

• Posted

I agree the hormones in the pill have messed with your hormones. If you are wanting to be more fertile, ask your doctor to be placed on Metformin. It should start up your periods and stop unwanted facial hair and help with PCOS in general (if you're not on it already)

• Posted

Wait to take a pregnancy test 4-5 weeks after your last period. It won't show positive until at least 4-5 weeks. I had negative tests with my daughter but knew I was pregnant and worked in surgery. I asked a doctor/friend to order a blood test and I was 5 weeks pregnant. Went home and took a home pregnancy test and it was still negative.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.