Desperate need of encouragement

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is my first time posting so please bear with me. I have been on fluoxetine for many years for depression and anxiety. A few years ago I tried to come off them because 'I was better' and I was in an anxiety hole for about a week. About 2 months again I stupidly tried to come off them to have a baby. Since last week the anxiety has hit me like a tonne of bricks. I'm a mess. I have been taking my tablets again for 7 days but still don't feel any better. Because I recovered much sooner after the last episode I'm scared that I will never get better again. Can anyone offer any similar experiences or encouraging words?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Take one day at a time is the best advice i can say to anyone struggling with depression/anxiety.

Maybe try kalms to see if they might help lessen the aniety a bit?

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Do you suffer with this? Do kalms work for you? X
    • Posted

I do Emma yes, I am also on citalopram 20mg daily for depression also.

I find the kalms helps me a lot with the anxiety, you get a months worth of tablets in a box so it is a help there and it is 1 or 2 a day i think.

hope this helps

• Posted

you need to regard your baby in this decision because they will also be feeling the effects of the drugs and that may be detrimental later on in development stages.

I would definitely consult with a midwife about this.

• Posted

Sorry I'm not actually pregnant. I came off them in the hope of trying but there's no way I would subject a baby to these drugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.