omeprazole

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi as anyone ever suffered really bad flatulance from omeprazole   im taking 2 times 20mg in the morning and 2 times 20mg in the afternoon  thats what doctor perscribed  everytime i eat anything i get terrible wind  not burping just the other end,   ive had test for gluten and wheat  and all came back ok   i watch what i eat  for the fear of it making the gas worse    but now im wondering if its the omeprazole and not what im eating   any help would be appreciated 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have really bad gas pains that wake me up..i stopped taking Omeprazole and still had them so i know it's not that causing it..going thru some test at GI Dr but i think i have them stumped

• Posted

Hi jst wanted to know how long have you been on omeprazole n for wat.. have you had this problem before n if not it can be caused by it I had really bad side effects with it n only been on it for 3mth n jst a week I stopped it cuz I couldn't handle the side effects, you can talk to your doc to see if he can switch it to something else or lower dose

• Posted

hi angelica  ive been on omeprazole since having my gallbladder removed in feb   i had what they call dumping syndrome  (morning diarehha)   and could hardly eat  had low appetite   they thought it could be hpylori  but have been tested and it came back negative.    i cant tell if its anything to do with having my gallbladder removed   or through the omeprazole    as i keep having episodes of lose bowels and really bad flatulance all day.  but doctors just said it could be alergy to gluten   but test have now come back normal   xx
    • Posted

You should talk to ur doctor to see if you can stop the omeprazole for a while to see if that's the problem. I had my gallbladder out in 2009 n never had that problem. I can tell you I did have bad IBS symptoms taking omeprazole n got really bad anxiety (stress,fear), vission change with it as well n other bad side effects but I jst got off it a week n not gonna go back on it I also heard it shouldn't be taken long-term cuz it can cause other health problems

• Posted

80 mg a day is pretty high.  I had started taking 10 mg a day again, but after only taking it a while, I was noticing I was dizzy when I bent over, had weird headaches, not bad, just dull, and just felt off.  So, now I am back on Rantinidine, 150 twice a day.  I have good days, and days when I feel kind of crappy, stomach kind of off, but I need to do this, I guess.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.