Anyone use dynasplint for their frozen shoulder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

If anyone has use oned I'd love to discuss. I'm really struggling with it

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh in so glad to have someone else trying this route! I got my frozen shoulder from a surgery I had on June 1st! It really felt like I got it from nerves in my neck from wearing the sling! I got my dynosplint 2 weeks ago today! I literally could barely get in the thing the first week! Let alone stay in it 40 min 3 times a day which is what they want! Anyway the last couple days I have been having less trouble! I stay in it about 10-15 min and don't have to much pain when I get out! So I'm going to start upping my time! I do know someone that did it for a 8-12 months and never had to have surgery and got better! I saw my surgeon today and he said as long as we r seeing improvement let's keep going with this treatment! How long have u been using it?

• Posted

Does anyone know where I can get a dynosplint from? I've been doing some research and I want one:-)

• Posted

My dr prescribed it and my insurance covered it they actually paid for it so I own it!
    • Posted

What was your experience? I am on first week and struggling to do more then twenty minutes(twice a day) I watch tv while I do it. They want me to work up to 3o minutes and then make it harder. I'm only on level three now and even when I take hydrocidine it really hurts. I would really appreciate your support (I thought I had great insurance. They are covering it but I need to return)

• Posted

Just saw your other answer
    • Posted

Just saw your other answer and I feel so much better. I guess I am expecting too much. What level are you on?
    • Posted

Just saw your other answer and I feel so much better. I guess I am expecting too much. What level are you on?
    • Posted

I have the tension at level 1 and the dial is at 60 if that makes sence to you? If u are already at tension of 3 that may be to high! My rep started me at tension one and she said when I can stay in it for 40 min with only 30 min of pain after she will move the tension to level 2?
    • Posted

They started me on 70 and three. I called rep and he said doc said to start on three. When i can do 30 minutes I'm supposed to move up. They gave me a key. Are you also going to pt? I still going three times a week. I hope all of this will help.

• Posted

Yes I go 3 times a week to pt! I have the key but my rep wants to do the adjustments the first couple times I guess she will come to my home once a month? She wasnt planning on me upping my tension for a least a month?
    • Posted

Sounds like a plan my guy was so optimistic. Said to try to move it once a week. That is definitely not happening. I'll keep you posted. Good luck. I'm glad to have someone else going they it. I had my mua 6/15 so we are in about the same time frame. I'm curious can you teach back to hook your bra? I havta do mine in the front still and then turn it around.

• Posted

No way can I reach back and do my bra! I can touch my other hand now behind my back and that's good fom what I hear?

• Posted

I am happy I can get my hair into a pony tail it still hurts but getting easier. They have me doing this thing with a wand where I put it behind my back with my hands together and pull up. At first I could barely get my hands to touch but now they do and I can lift a little. Still hurts but I think in our case no pain no gain
    • Posted

Scott came yesterday and helped me adjust my form. Also made it harder (about level 4) but I still did 20 minutes last night. I am having trouble finding the time to do it more then once a day. Have to get more scheduled. Let me know how you are doing
    • Posted

My pt over stretched me last week so I had an injury from pt to recover from! Took 6 days so I couldn't get in my splint so kinda just started over this week! I'm still level 1 ya it's impossible to get in it 3 times a day! But I maybe have done 2 20 min sessions I need my form adjusted to I think I'll call my rep! How's the frozen shoulder? U already had mua right? And would u recommend that? How long did u have FS before u did the mua?

• Posted

I had MUA Monday this week and I feel great! Have to do stretching exercises every 2hours but I can move now and the pain has much improved
    • Posted

Mild prob stated last October mostly bothered me at night. Then from Jan-June got really bad. Did pt which helped at first 2 shots(which didn't help) and acupuncture(didn't help) did mua in June. Initially helped A ton. A lot less pain snd I crrSes rNge of motion. Getting the rest back is slow. Especially reaching back. If I didn't do Dinosplint I would barely need pain meds anymore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.