Weak legs! Nearly 5 weeks on 20mg fluoxetine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been nearly 5 weeks now since I had a breakdown I'm feeling better got some appitite back eating a lot more! Just still feeling so so weak my legs feel like jelly I just feel like they are gonna give way heavy at the knees it's a strange feeling! I feel so drained?? I had bloods done last weak as I went up the doctors he wanted to review how I was doing on the tablets! I told him I still feel very unwell and weak so he did a full blood count and everything came back normal so I have no idea why I still feel so ill! I was 11.9 2 months ago and now I'm 9.11 so I have dropped weight but I think that's because I haven't eaten tidy in weeks! I'm taking this vitamin medicine off doctor but hasent done anything still feel unwell! Could it be side effect off tablets? I have 2 huge ulcers in my mouth aswell and they are very painful I just feel so rundown xx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I would say a definite yes these are both sides effects from medication and from your anxiety. It too me 7 weeks tI'll I started to feel myself again and the side effects to subside. Take everyday as it comes and try not to predict when you will feel better it will happen just be patient.

• Posted

kirsty, sorry for your troubles, i have just came home from hospital, was in all night,i got terribly dizzy and felt dreadful yesterday morning, i couldnt stick it any longer, the ambulance came and in i went to hospital, my blood pressure was through the roof at 196 over 130, my heart was racing, my mouth bone dry, no moisture in my tounge, i thought i had had it, but docters did all the tests, and they concluded it was that bloody fluoxitine, i was on it for two weeks and felt ok, till yesterday when everything collapsed around me,i have a letter from the hospital doctor to tell my doctor to stop the fluoxitine, i had a terrifiying experiance with fluoxitine and i will never touch that muc again, you should go back to your doctor if you feel unwell, as it may get worse.and yes it could be that bloody fluoxitine, hope you reply and take care, angela
    • Posted

Aww nooo hope your ok now? I just feel like crap sweating hands today to! Just so tired and fed up of not feeling myself it's awful! I'm actually waiting for a ultrasound scan on my goalbladder as I might have goalstones been suffering a few months with pain under my right rib nausea dreadful heartburn & indigestion and the fluoxetine ain't helping with my appetite tbh x

• Posted

dear kirsty, thanks for your reply, i am off to docs now at 4 o clock,yes i had a awful panic attack and very high blood pressure, was in hosp all night,oh i am so fed up, i am now so scared i may get another attack and i am here all alone, i am thinking of letting the room upstairs for some company, and also if i got ill there would be someone here to help.what do you think?sorry to hear about your troubles, my god what a life, good, then horrible.
    • Posted

I'm soooo fed up today! Feel shaky hands are shaking sweaty hands and feet! Feel strange feel like I been having a anxiety attack all day?????? hope your ok xx

• Posted

i am back kirsty, hope you are feeling a bit better, i went to docs, i got mirtazipine 15mg to take at night, i met a friend today in town, she has attacks as well and is on a lot of stuff, she told me to ask doc to give me propenalol, they are beta blockers so when i feel that bad turn coming on u just take 1, he ended up giving me propenalol 40mg and the mirtazipine, i am hoping these work this time, its all trial and error, how are u now?as for me, i just took a nice warm bath and i am ok here with my computer, but i have the propenalol on hand,lol.
    • Posted

its me kirsty, angela, i got all mixed up with this site and had to go under another name and new email.so if you want to chat this is my new name here.i have felt awful today very anxious, am afraid of panic attack coming on, my legs are weak all day, and i feel disorientated, and down, i havent taken the new med, mirtazipine, i am scared of getting a bad reaction, like that bloody fluoxitine did to me.i am still dizzy, even when sitting here right now, my brain sways slightly, its all horrible, hope you are feeling better, chat soon, angela
  • Posted

hi Kristy! hope your e feeling better. i have the week legs too while on Prozac. Been on it about three weeks now. Any progress on your end?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.