septal spur, turbinates large. Headaches, infections and teeth pain?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone else suffer?

My nasal spur is hitting a middle turbinate and the inferior turbinates are big.

Any tips, especially want to hear if surgery has helped anyone as that's the only thing that can help a septal spur I'm told.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness, yes I have a similar thing going on. So painful. I have allergies and when I have an allergic reaction my turbinates press against the nerves in there, everything gets squeezed and I end up sometimes having painful facial headaches that go on for days and sometimes weeks. It's horrible I've had 2 surgeries on my sinuses to correct other problems but my first ENT couldn't figure out what was going on and he said I was getting migraines. I went and had a second opinion from the top sinus doctor where I'm from and he is going to do a revision on my surgery because the first one also left diseased tissues and didn't do my surgery correctly. Sigh. I have to pay privately though because otherwise I would have to wait 2 or 3 years and I'm so uncomfortable and sometimes in severe pain that I just can't wait.

I don't know if I have an actual spur or if everything is just being squeezed. I have big nerve bundles right there so the headaches kill me. Normal Advil and tylenol don't do much for pain. It sucks. ,

• Posted

Oh and I also have huge turbinates.
    • Posted

Just seen this for some reason!

Oh no you have to pay. I'm probably going to end up doing that as I've been on the waiting list for two years. I'm just worried it won't work?

• Posted

Anyone had an op with a success story?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.