I have been prescribed desunin 800ui tablets

Posted , 3 users are following.

I suffer from many ailments and on my last blood test it can't back that certain levels were low. One of the medications i have been given is desunin 800ui 5x tablets daily. Avoiding to the evidence this is a high dose as usual dose is 1 tablet daily. I do suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia and take lots of medication, however i have read the instructions and looked online and can't find the best time to take this medication, is morning or night best, i have found you can take with or without food, just wondered best time to take it, especially as it is a high dose. Thank you in advance

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

One x800iu daily is only maintanence dose.

40,000iu weekly + is a more usual dose

• Posted

I take 800ui a day but have 400ui tablets which I take morning and evening. I would just take yours in the morning if that is convenient. One thing it is a good idea to take something containing fat with it such as yogurt, as it helps to absorb the vit D3 into the body. 
    • Posted

I didn't know that about the fat so thank you. I tend to take mine at night because i believe sleeping is a healing time and so a time to absorb better. Only my belief though.

• Posted

I didn't know that about the fat so thank you. I tend to take mine at night because i believe sleeping is a healing time and so a time to absorb better. Only my belief though.

• Posted

That is a thought, I hope your vit D level increases by leaps and bounds. I did also read that you should not take the tablets and drink tea at the same time. I am not sure how true that is, I do sometimes have a cup of tea around the same time. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice, i will defo have a yoghurt with it, i apologise for my original message and spelling (predictive text gggrrrr).. I hope given so many per day of helps. I was also given folic acid to take daily also as folate levels are also low..... Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply x
    • Posted

I take 5x 800ui daily got to have bloods re done in 10 weeks, told to take all 5 at same time but no time given. So i just take all 5 in morning along with the folic acid... Thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.