Losing Hope about my Cyst w/Nodule

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am sorry.  It's useless.  I have spent so much time reading reading reading. My doctor thinks I have a cystadenoma - with is what I had 20 years ago.  But I read that even though those are benign - a mural nodule is not a good sign at all for this type of cyst.

I am going to lie down now.  My life is seriously spiring down and I do not know how much more my mind and body can take.  My stomach is so messed up.  Diarreah every single day.

I love you here.  You have helped me as a " newbie " but I just don't know how much longer I am going to be able to deal.

Thank God surgery is coming soon.  I might just die then...easier than dealing with this and this hot summer to end all hot summers.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Honestly don't know much about that type of cyst. But I can tell you from my scans I had a complex cyst, septated with mural nodules. Everything I read about them sounded awful. However mine wasn't malignant, it was borderline but all that means is I get some additional scans, i had my surgery and that was it. Hope this helps, good luck with your surgery x

• Posted

Thank you Sue.  I am really trying hard here.  I think I'll be okay.

I did read your post... I am reading every single thing I can about Mural Modules.  Most of it sounds so dire and dreadful.  I don't want to think about bad stuff... Man, my stomach is so liquid now.  I am going to have to get some Imodium tomorrow.  I'll never make it at this rate!  

I so appreciate your post - and happy for you that your cyst was not something really bad.  

smile  

• Posted

Aargh. Just wrote a long reply and the computer lost it! Here we go again. In 1975 my 53 year old mother suffered from a blocked bowel. Investigations revealed tumours on both ovaries were the cause. In those days they could not say what they were. So we all waited in trepidation for the operation. Especially my mother who was very uncomfortable. Imagine being given laxatives for a bowel that was blocked! The night before her op she lifted her head quickly up into a cupboard door. There was so much blood! True to her generation, she asked that we clean her up and she waited to see the doctor the next day. The op went ahead and the tumours were benign which was a relief. 

Having similar symptoms I requested tests and I was diagnosed in June with a 9cm cyst. My doctors surgery did not respond to a request from the hospital appointment system until I queried the delay. I now have the first appointment available in mid September. I try to remember the stoicism of my mother (who lived to 81). I too have bowel problems but they are the opposite to you.  It is a struggle to maintain bowel function. Diverticulosis does not help. This has become diverticulitis twice since just before Christmas resulting in antibiotics that forbid alcohol for 10 days.  Since then I have taken up a new hobby of ballroom dancing. It helps to keep busy. I will miss it if I require surgery. Focus on (or create) the positives. We have installed a fan in the bedroom - and of all things - a mosquito net as I have a reaction to mosquito bites. I hope all goes well. Keep strong. Remember - TTSP - this too shall pass. Hope all goes well. Thinking of you 

• Posted

Aw, thank you Thesheen.

I Hope your appointments go well.... We just want this behind us, right?

Your mom sounds a lot like mine! I'm glad hers were benign and yours will be too!

It's fun that you go ballroom dancing.  My hobbies are taking pictures.  I am losing that desire lately.

Will you please keep me updated on how you do? 

Thank you for reading and writing to me.  

• Posted

I sure hope so..  It's been since June - all of the test and stuff.

:0/

Thank you...

• Posted

smile  scenes mostly... I went to photo school a long time ago... now I just play with my phone but I still like to create...   After this surgery is over and I'm getting better I want to quit my job ( of 20 years ) and do more with my artistic side..  It is what makes me happy... 

• Posted

I love scenes of the Scottish highlands.  We moved to England from Edinburgh 30 years ago.  
    • Posted

I am sure it is very pretty there.  I live in Boston Mass..  We're having a hot summer... It's finally raining tonight!

• Posted

Warm here but not so hot as Boston. We were in Boston in September 2015 just at time of hurricane. We went whale watching and got sea sick! Saw some though. It is 02.00 hours and we have been watching the olympics which is a euphemism for sleeping in the armchair. Have just been outside to watch the sky as shooting stars were forecast. I have just seen my first 2 as, family joke, they always happen behind me. Bed beckons.  Be strong - to all followers of this thread. 😀
    • Posted

How are you doing? Have you had surgery?
  • Posted

I have a cyst with mural nodules and speywtions and it's an endometrioma,when you have it removed you can have peace of mind again it's awful isn't it.i still have mine it's 2.2cm.you will be fine xxx

• Posted

Aw thank you.

My doctor said I have a cystadenoma... she said by ultrasound... tech acted weird. Mural nodule in a cystadenoma is rare and I think it's bad.

They don't tell you that.... they try not worry people before surgery I think.

My family really isn't supportive...

Thank you for your note. I appreciate it. I hope you're doing okay. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.