Please help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm driving myself nuts I can't get doctors appointment for 2 weeks and I have this rash that has gone on my belly back and thighs over a 2 weeks small pale pink spots splotches I can't seem to send pictures but would love it if someo e could talk to me about it my lesions are flat pink they don't itch and no big scaly to them but over the last week I can now feel they are dry

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Beth,

That sounds awful especially if you can't see you Dr for another 2 weeks.

I'm not too sure can help, but my PR lesions were pink, scaly and slight raised at the edges. Initially they weren't itchy but because I have a combination of PR and atopic dermatitis they started to become very itchy.

I know this doesn't help but try not to stress it does make things worse, saying this from experience.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how you get on.

• Posted

My spots were the same at the beginning. The second week, it got bad - very itchy.  I used over the counter 40% zinc oxide --- diaper rash cream.  In the US, I used the red box Maximum strength Bordeaux's Butt Paste. For me it worked better then steriod creams to control itching. I ended up at 4 docttors (allergist- diagnosed, general doctor - agreed, dermatologist- was of NO help!, and my pulmonologist who was crazily the biggest help!)

Last week (my week 3) my pulmonologist put me on a 5 day tapered dose pack of steriods. It helped clear it up.

Everyone is different. Read all the posts and stories here and look for over the counter temporary relief  til you can get to a doctor. Or find another one - maybe an urgent care facility?

Other things that helped for me were Clinical Strength (dark blue bottle) Head and Shoulders on the spots for 10 minutes then shower, and cocoa butter when I didnt have the diaper rash cream on. The prescription steriod topical cream did little to help me.

Keep reading all these posts. The people on this board helped me so much survive the last 4 weeks!

• Posted

Ooh I have just been given 5 days worth of steroid tablets for PR as it was so inflamed behind my legs that I couldn't bend them. Do the tablets really work??!!

• Posted

I saw a improvement within the first day of taking my steroid tablets, I just wish I went to see someone sooner rather than suffering for 5 1/2 months!!

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Thank you! In a way I was quite lucky mine got bad so quickly as the doc gave me the steroid tablets 2.5 weeks in. Poor you having to suffer that long! They really do seem to be working (day 2 of meds). That, e45 itch relief cream, head and shoulders shampoo and sunbeds! Being a swim teacher I need to get rid quick!
    • Posted

I started steroids the beginning of week 3. Made it disappear! I was told I had a "medium" severity case. I wish someone would have given me prednisone the first week. Of all people, my pulmonologist is the doctor who gave it to me! Not my allergist (who diagnosed it), the dermatologist (shouldn't that be their specialty?), or my general doctor.

I really hope it helps you. After 5 days of steroids all I have left is very light residual occasional itching- no bumps!

• Posted

Awesome exactly what I needed to hear. Just had a second round of ridiculously itchy spots come up, seems to come in waves. Hate it!!!!
    • Posted

I went to my GP after 4 months of suffering and she said to me I just need to be 'more patient' and didn't prescribe me with steroids; easier said than done if you haven't experienced PR.

• Posted

Hmmm. My brother is a doctor and he told me the same thing. They just don't understand until they've had it!! It was terrible and mine wasn't that itchy like some others it just lasted 5-6 months.

• Posted

Did you have a hearses patch? Mine looked like a ring worm and was about the size of a nickel. 2 weeks later I had a horrible sore throat and the next morning came the spots. If it's PR it could last 5-6 months but most last 6 weeks. Zinc oxide helps to fry out. Coconut oil and sun shine or tanning helped the most. I took vitamins good for skin too. Also caused by worsened by stress and heat. Cool showers. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Tracy,

Yes, my initial patch did too, I thought it was eczema though, followed by a feverish cold.

I wish I knew about the zinc cream before. Thankfully now things have started to settle since I've started my steroids on Friday. I am still applying coconut oil and getting some sun too, as well as vit C & D tablets.

I'm praying this doesn't. come back, it's been an awful 5 months!

Thanks for you reply. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.