Meds for pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Sat down to watch tv o

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I aologize for the abrupt disconnect, I was having problems with the keyboard on my I Pad constanting dropping out while I was trying to type and had to secure an other computer.

​Last night I fell asleep on the couch while watching TV.  I guess the position in which I was leaning was unbalanced and I woke 3 hrs latter in back pain.

​Pain kept me up all night. Wanted to take Advil (ibuprofen) for relief but know this is adverse to do if you have esophagitis or gastritis

This back pain just does not want to go away and is in turn increasing stress and GERD symptons (ugh).  ​What do people with reflux conditions use to ease pain and reduce inflammation?

​Thank you in advance for sharing experience, advise and suggestions

• Posted

Hi Merianna, I wrote a whole 2 pages explaining my experience with this, but then like you, my phone, cut off and I lost everything. But I can't not emphasize enough, how beneficial collagen is for reducing, or eliminating pain from soft tissue problems. It built my disc back up in my C-6, & I was on harsh pain meds for 5yrs, doctors orders. I came off them all at my discretion, and suffered from the bad withdrawals, but became pain free, with in 3 months of taking collagen. If I stop taking it for a period of time my neck will feel a little painful, but no where near how it did in the beginning. But all I do, is get some more and start taking it again. My discs are degenerative, so they will continue to deteriorate, but I can keep building it back. And it has helped with my knees as well, my ACL in both knees are shot, from gymnastics all my life, 5yrs to 20yrs old, and they would hurt badly, but after taking my collagen suppliment, it doesn't bother me, unless I'm being real hard on them. But I also have GERD/SILENT REFLUX. and diagnosed with fibromyalgia, from the long pain pill usage. This was physican induced drug dependency. Not good. Honestly I don't think I will ever be the same after taking those drugs for 5yrs. Anyways hope this was helpful.

• Posted

Sorry I don't know the answer to that wish I did I always suffer pain with no relief but you could try some of the pain relief creams or sprays if anyone knows what you could use I would be very interested to know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.