Has anyone had Ativan (Lorazempan) turn on them

Posted , 4 users are following.

I think my Ativan has been starting to hurt--rather than help me... I have been on it for 2 years...just .5 mg once per day (for sleep at night) I usually take it about 4 or 5 AM to help me get back to sleep but lately it seems that it is making me MORE nervous/axious in the AMs.... Has anyone had this experience. I want to cut back and get OFF those things!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You've become tolerant to them.

So you're having withdrawal symptoms because your body wants MORE.

Go and see your doctor. Don't increase the dose, honey.

Love Tess xxx

• Posted

I totally agree with Tess, Betty. Hugs
    • Posted

To both Tess and Cia,

I've experimented twice now... If I only take 1/2 pill at that time, I don't seem to have any of those usual 'anxiety waves' start passing over me... Strange, huh? So, I guess I'll just keep cutting back... I told the dr I wanted to do this. THIS dr said he never would have let me keep taking the Ativan (even just .5) for 2 years...

Thanks, both of you.

And also to the nice person who sent me the private msg. I hope you all have a good day...

• Posted

Good luck on your journey, Betty. Post on the forum again if you need support. I was addicted to zopiclone and am coming off it now. It isn't easy!

love and hugs, Tess xx

• Posted

I tapered off Lorazepam. I cut back for a couple of weeks (or more if experiencing discomfort), then down a little more, etc. It is not bad at all if you take your time...there's no rush, dear Betty.

• Posted

Cia is right - take it at your own pace. If you set goals and something comes up and you 'fail' you'll just feel worse.

Do what feels right for you, honey!

Love Tess xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.