I was given Amitriptyline for headaches and they have been no help at all......

Posted , 4 users are following.

no pain medication helps     anyone out there have any suggestions     I have been given topamax and that does nothing either    made my vision worse and my big toe is numb

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How long have you been on amitriptyline. I was prescribed the meds for headaches (& IBS). It took 3 months before they started working for me.

Good luck!!

• Posted

I can't remember your story,so I need to know if this is a headache that doesn't go away, and are you a anxiety sufferer. I suffered from anxiety almost 9 years ago,and that is not  to say that I don't  feel stressed out at times, but I do not have anxiety, and panic attacks anymore. I am also I migraine sufferer, and have been since the age of 4. While suffering from anxiety,I woke up one day with this whole different headache. As I have alway's had migraine pain on the right side of head, and pain in my eye. This was on my left side,and my head felt like it was going to explode. Like a balloon and so full. I swear this was worse then a migraine,and would not go away. Well I had it for 8 years,24 hours a day,7 days a week. I wanted the good lord to take me. My second Neuro,told me it was tension headache,and they are a bugger to treat.Well needless to say he had me on everything from soup to nuts,and nothing worked.My family doc said I don't know what to do.After 8 long and painful years, I said to her. Please put me on a antidepressant. Oh my god,it went away. I am so very thankful,because I  was at my point. I use to cry and carry on with this terrible headache. Almost 9 years now I have been on 60mg Cymbalta, and 20mg of amitriptyline. I know it was anxiety, and terrible panic that brought this on. I don't know your story,but if this sounds familiar, then now you know.

• Posted

Hello , may years ago I used to suffer severe Migraines & was often injected in the back of my head for pain, it did not work, then I was placed on a drip, no good it did not work, then my GP placed in Hospital for 5 days for treatment for CLUSTER MIGRAINE'S  this worked as I was in a dark roomm on my own & told not to eat Chocolate, Cheese, & Red Wine, my Migraines gradually dissappeared, The Medication I was put on was SYNDOL TABLETS which can be bought over the counter, The Tablets do make you feel a bit dopey but, they do brake the Cycle of Migraines,. This worked for me because the Consultants found out the Migraines were coming form my neck & shoulders causing PAIN TENSION & STRESS of my muscles, which was a viscious circle that had to be broken. Once the cicle was broken the Migraines stopped but, I still keep SYNDOL in my houme just in case. AMITRYPTALINE did not prevent my Chronic Cluster Migraines ( CLUSTER MIGRAINES ARE MIGRAINES THAT CANNOT BE BROKEN , SO GO ON & ON. They must be stopped.

Jackie

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.