I need help.. Need some answers..

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm on the brink of a mental breakdown and this is my last hope for answers.. I'm going to be as accurate and detailed as I possibly can in hopes that someone can help me.

This issue started about one year ago, One night I was staying over at a friends house. When I was about to go to sleep I had the urge to pee. I Figured it was related to the few pepsi's I drank didn't think anything of it. So I went to the bathroom and afterwords on the way back to the bed I still had the urge to go. That night I pee'd probably 15 times before finally passing out. 

The next morning I woke up and the issue was still there, I had to pee ALL the time, The urge never went away, sometimes it was drops.. Sometimes it was a decent amount of urine. So I saw a doctor about it and they figured it was a UTI. They prescribed antibiotics which didn't do anything. 

Over the next few months I had ultrasounds done on my kidneys, MRI's CT scans(can't remember which) done on my abdomen and prostate. I had blood work done and about 20 urine analysis done all to no avail. My bloodwork came back fine, I had low iron and pretty much non existant Vitamin D due to not getting a lot of sun. 

I was checked for diabetes which came back negative. I was checked for STD's.. Pretty much everything. No doctor could figure out what was wrong. My only option was to see a urolagist (sp) and have him look inside my bladder. (huge waiting list)

Over the last 6 months, It has gotten better, I have an active job now where I am constantly moving at work and I don't have to pee that often during the day. It has now progressed into Night time urination. When I sleep, I wake up approx every 2 hours and have to pee, and to be honest its a LOT! I feel like im peeing way more than I'm taking in. 

I have litterally timed it on my phone.. It's almost 2 hours on the dot.. What worries me is how much pee is coming out.. How can my body produce that much urine every two hours?

My only saving grace is now, After I pee.. I actually feel releived and can actually sleep.. But I honestly feel like this disorder, Disease.. Whatever it is will be the death of me unless I can figure out what is going on.

Please if you have any insight please reply!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

PS. Im a male 30 years of age 5'9 about 260 pounds (on the chubby side)

• Posted

You definitely need to see a urologist and have a Ureteroscopy and cystoscopy done. You may have a over active bladder or a urethral stricture. I had same issued although I am a female, and I had those procedures done and found out I have a urethral stricture. So I'm guessing you probably have one of the two problems either a over active bladder or a urethral stricture... The only true way to find out is definitely see a urologist, good luck!

• Posted

I agree with Insomniac. What you are missing are standard diagnostic tests a urologist will do, and the things they might fine (stricture, bladder issues, etc) can directly cause what you are experiencing. Go see a urologist.

and I would lose some weight. I've had numerous ailments go away after losing weight and I felt great physically and emotionally. 

If we focus on your current symptoms, frequent nighttime urination...yes, I've struggled with the that. I learned a stricture (a choke point somewhere along my urethra) was causing the urge to go repeatedly and I was up numerous times at night. There are numerous ways they can fix strictures.

Go see a urologist!

• Posted

Hello  I'm sorry that your having this problem.  You have to look back at the time you were at the friends house.  You drank alot of sodo.  As a man get older you can't drink alot of sodo.  Doctors tell you to stay away from caffeine.  It will effect your prostate.  I think you will be fine but see a urologist to make sure.  Read up on it.  Hope thinks get better  Ken 

• Posted

I just want to thank everyone for their responses, I think my next course of action is to see a urologist. My only problem with that is I have since had to move out of state and I worry that when I go see the doctor I'll be back to square one in testing/treatment. And have to repeat all the previous tests due to seeing a new doctor. 

It's possible my weight might be a cause as I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I really need to find a way to cut soda/junk food out of my diet completely now that I'm getting older.

• Posted

Maybe it is your weight but you have to cut out the soda and juck food like you say.  I was 325 at one time.  I am now 210.  I don't drink soda and I watch my protion size.  It will work for you.  Sometime if you get all your information from one doctor and take it with you.  You may not have to have some of the test again.  Good luck to you  Ken

• Posted

In the meantime, TRY bee pollen. I had an urethral stricture and was peeing every two hours at night and daily bee pollen worked wonders. It took a week or two but it was the best advice I ever got on how to deal with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.