Frozen shoulder

Posted , 15 users are following.

I meant to raise this question..is anyone with frozen shoulder in their early 40s..as the doctors nd physiotherapists are all saying that it is more commonly found in patients 60 -70 years of age.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I was 47 I've had FS since September last year so coming up to the 12 months stage. I am very pleased to report that I am now pain free, I do not have full ROM in my affected shoulder but I do have my life back. To be honest I'm not convinced the medical profession fully understand this condition as there is so much conflicting info out there.

Cindy

• Posted

Hi

I'm 53 and had this since March unfortunately it's caused by a fractured numerous shaft with fluid and severe arthritis. None which I knew about so now getting tested for osteoporosis

• Posted

Thanks for the info..I hope the test will give u more clarity moving forwards..hopefully it's not osteoporosis as FS is a 2year situation which I hope and pray one can recover completely

• Posted

Hi

Unfortunately I have osteoarthritis in my spine and most of my joints osteoporosis sadly runs in my family. Frozen shoulder seems to be caused by trauma as mine was with humerous fracture, most people have advised they do heal but movement can often be restricted. I wish you luck and to a speedy recovery

• Posted

I had it in my forties after a motorcycle accident. Then again in my fifties following a work accident. Can't wait until my sixties.

• Posted

Omw..nooooo thts hectic..once in a lifetime is enuf for me..was it in the same shoulder the second time and did u fully recovered the first time?
    • Posted

Different shoulder each time. The first time I just sweated it out with painkillers. The second time with the benefit of the internet I found out more about the condition. Both times I saw a consultant the second time in fact earlier this year I had surgery. Arthroscopic capsular release. Brilliant I can't recommend it enough. Full Rom after a couple of months with lots of physio. The best thing was that the gut wrenching pain when you knock your arm went. Good luck

• Posted

I have seen many people thinking it is related to menopause and the face that we have less hormones. Not sure if this is true I am 50 and just hit it out of the blue no injury or anything
    • Posted

Yes I also got FS out of the blue can it be stressful related u think?
  • Posted

I got FS in my left at age 36 and in the right at age 37 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.