Parafon Fort or Chlorzoxazon side effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've just been prescribed Chlorzoxazon for muscle relaxant. I want to know if anyone has had any side effects from this.  I do not want to start it without a little first hand experience from others.  The leaflets they give you always say a thousand different things and is confusing.  My doctor says its an old tried and true and will not interfere with my daily routine as it does not make you tired. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Talk to your pharmacist; they seem to be better at explaining than some doctors.  You want to know how it will work on you -- not the general summary that comes with the packaging.  Did your doctor talk to you about drug interactions, etc.?

Again, if your pharmacy is any good at all they'll take the time to go over what to expect.  Never be shy about asking you doctor questions until you're comfortable with the answers.  After all, they work for you. 

• Posted

They weren't much help, that's why I'm on this forum.

• Posted

I take it with no side effects. I told my doc I needed something I could use in the daytime. This seems to work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.