Been diagnosed with anxiety now it's my eyes I'm scared!

Posted , 4 users are following.

A few days back I was diagnosed with anxiety, and that's hard to deal with especially when I've been having panick attacks on and off for the passed month. Now tonight i was falling asleep and woke for a sec rubbed my right eye and felt a burning sensation and I thought it would go away after a minute but it hasn't and it's been about 5 minutes now and I'm forced to type this with one eye open because of the sensation, please help!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

so sorry to hear about your anxiety. Just a word to the wise, its well documented and well known that certain meds, in paricular "sleepers" and anxiety meds can triggar very dry eyes in some people. Im not sure if youre on Anti Anxiety to help you but if so it could just be a reaction. Burning is very often a symtom of dry eye , hope this helps

• Posted

I did take a relaxing herbal to to ease my nerves so maybe that could be it? Thank you for the advice!
    • Posted

Also forgot to mention with the burning came blurred vision all in my right eye but it only lasted 10 minutes and went away. I read somewhere online that is a symptom of anxiety, this is really stressful because I've been going through derealization as well with this situation for the past month.

• Posted

Hi Anthony

Id be inclined to agree with Jayne, visit to Eye Doc first and then take it from there. I think anxiety can triggar lots of physical complaints but I suppose we are all only tryn to help each other here by ruling out certain things and comparing experiences. As I said I do know from my own experience that certain ranges of meds can often triggar burning and dryness of the eyes but try seek apt with Eye Doc, first and foremost and best of luck...

• Posted

Something on your finger probably irritated your eye. Soap residue etc. Wipe your eye with a clean wash cloth and rest your eye. Above all quit rubbing it. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.