How to stop thinking about triggers

Posted , 3 users are following.

17 year old here, I haven't been diagnosed with ibs although I've been struggling a lot with getting loud bowel movements which are extremely embarrassing when I'm around people, it's began to really control when I go out and it's made me so scared of going to college... I only seem to get these symptoms when I think about them though, and although it could seem like the solution would be to just stop thinking about it, this is so hard... Has anyone got any tips to stop the endless circle of anxiety with this?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you mean loud bowel gas or when you are moving your bowel in the toilet?  Have you been to your doctor about these symptoms to get a diagnosis?
    • Posted

I pass lots of wind when sitting too,  I think I've always done even before IBS.  However, when I had an ultrasound last year, the only thing that was noticed was bowel gas but no attempt was made to explain why it was there.  When I was eventually diagnosed with IBS, I often wondered if this gas was a sign of the IBS and was not picked up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.