Sudden pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi all

one week since thr and had no pain at all.  Earlier sudden pain in hip when I walked which then eased and is now just a slight ache which I haven't had before.  Feel apprehensive now, is this pain normal to have?

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Lots if new experiences each day

Ride the wave

I found as healing was occuring inside sometimes a drawing feeling

Even an itch or jolt maybe all normal

I am almost 3 weeks today thr

Just accept the healing at your own pace and check in with us often 🌺🌺🌞

• Posted

Thanks jo, just because first week was pain free, probably expect too much. Also  the fact I'm 80 must make a difference. Was surprised at how young some recipients of hip replacements are.

• Posted

Wel bet u rock

U r gifted on the internet and lucky there

Take each day as a few goid things like wow i walked to the xxx

And a few strange things each day like am i blk n blue there?? Did that hurt kast nite? Wow i am so tired i should nap and its only 2:00

Keep us posted and akways call your dr with hi fever or swelling etc

I sure hope u have house help etc

I was just tossing little bits of laundry down each am and then finally doing it when a friend came by so they would carry up

Also keep sone nuts n apples near where u nap in case a bit hungry

I also have found sleeping with a few toss pillows helps at nite under a leg etc

Have a lovely nite

I start work mon at barely 3 weeks post op oh boy

Jozie🎉🌺🎎🙋🌞?😀😀😀

• Posted

Hi Jozie,

what do you mean you're going back to work?  

oh boy is right ... what kind of a job do you have? but even so, seems a bit too soon though ....

don't jeopardize your health okay ?

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Check with your GP, but you will probably find that it's the muscles working at getting strong again. I still get pain after 10 weeks , especially in the evening after walking and general activity. Don't worry, just take it steady and trust your body to tell you when it's stressed.

• Posted

Hi Bet I'm 5weeks tlhr today you will have all sorts of aches ,pain, twitches and pulls as the days

rolls by I no I did you get rid of one pain and something else appears just ride them out don't over do it or you'll pay for it hugs and good thoughts xxxxx

• Posted

Thanks. Good to know that. First 6days nothing at all,but thought too good to be true. Just  slight discomfort now when I walk. Walking slightly slower probably because I'm apprehensive.

• Posted

thanks, makes me feel better. I know I expect too much. Walking a bit slower but. Probably because I am a bit apprehensive.
  • Posted

Hey there! Don't want to damper spirits, but I had a hip replacement July 18. Thought all was good, but began to notice pain every time I put weight on leg, was dismayed but was assured by my physical therapist it was normal. But then I noticed operated hip was higher, leg appeared shorter. Even family noticed but thought it was me possibly leaning cause of pain. Well when I came for 3week check up turns out I dislocated the hip! Much to my surprise!! Just go slow, look for signs like maybe what I experienced. Be patient and take it easy! God bless you with His healing and speedy recovery! Hugs, 🤗🤗🤗LD

• Posted

Crikey Linda, that sounds horrendous, poor you! 

A bit worrying that the physio didn't notice anything wrong sad 

Take it easy xx

• Posted

Kate just listen to your body....I didn't...if things don't seem right to you get checked. 🤓

• Posted

I went home from Hospital 48 hours after the operation, really progressing well. 3 days later I suddenly had a severe pain in the hip and found it difficult to move. It could onlybe controlled by seriously increasing pain relief, that eased of over the next few days and we could find no reason for it.

When I went back for my 6 week checkup I had new xrays taken and my consultant noticed a small crack in the bone close to the new joint, He suspects that this caused the pain when it moved slightly, just like a new break in the bone, possibly occured during the operation but not noticed due to the amount of muscle and sinew in that area.

It has been absolutely fine since and I have had no more pain in that area, but thing like that can happen but they are no long term cause for concern.

• Posted

hi bet, 

great responses - You just had major surgery and are still early in recovery - are you still taking your pain medication? Like manyn others, I wanted to take less when I got home from hospital only to be told to sort of stay ahead of the pain - 

there is so much healing taking place from the surgery itself but also the rest of your body is part of this process - 

but of course, when the pain increases,please contact your surgeon - 

do you have staples and if so, when will they be removed ?

how are you getting on otherwise ?  

be gentle with yourself and come here anytime okay?

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi renee , staples come out next Tuesday. Feeling pretty good, but the usual loss of sleep and no appetite. Have got to remember it's only last week it was done.

• Posted

Hi hun, you are one day in front of me, mine come out on Wednesday

I'm 9 days post op, with very little pain my main concern is my knee

It's ENORMOUS! So many bags of peas have given their lives trying

To reduce the swelling.

Try not to rush things, sleep when you are tired eat little and often. I

gave up at 4am and got up this morning, strangely my heels were

Hurting? What's that all about?

Be kind to yourself xxx

Kim

• Posted

Hi Kim you made me laugh out loud with

your frozen pea tale just what I needed

a good laugh ,I also have had the sore heels and had to get up in the wee small hours ,what's

that all about? Love and hugs Anna xxx

• Posted

Hi Kim

i was told that the surgeons dislocated my knee to release the hip joint! Still in some discomfort and hoping ultrasound will help. 

Best of luck with the peas! Xxx

• Posted

I got sore heels too-weird.Just don't forget in this cruel world we must always open our hearts and ' give peas a chance!'😜.Good luck! X

• Posted

Hi renee, staples out today had 22, came out really well. Another goal reached.
    • Posted

what a relief huh.... scar will have a life of its  own so don't worry - not sure if you have watched the THR video on you tube (not for the faint of heart) but  good lord, the incision made in order to get to the bone is nothing to sneeze at - at the end surgeon is sewing them bach togehter the best he can, but still .....

have a great day Bet ---

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

I also had painful heels , they didn't look sore , but were 

Pam 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.