C-reactive protein (CRP ULTRASENSITIVE) level high! At 16mg/L

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just received the results of my blood work. Everything seems to be okay except for my C-reactive protein level. It's at 16!!!!!! Does anyone know anything about this? What I find online says that anything over 10 means this indicates a risk of cardiovascular diseases, cancer, etc. Something about acute inflammation in the arteries ...

I'm a bit freaked out!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, mine has just come back at 170 so if you are panicing then i am.........??
  • Posted

Hiya I wouldn't worry too much my last 3 blood tests have had crp levels of 21 where my doctor told me should be about 5. Anything from a cold, infection can cause crp and esr levels too be raised. Like you when I found out mine were riased I was so worried and it made my anxiety worse. I was looking on he net for information which just made me feel worse. It could be anything hun. Has your doctor told you what they think may be causing this? My doctor said mine is probably my sinuses causing the hight crp and I have been given 5 loads of anti-biotics and am due for further bloods next week. I would try not too worry easier said than done I know. Take care x

• Posted

hi i have had an elevated crp on 2 blood tests now. did yours come back down? my doctors don't seem worried , were yours? x

• Posted

I also freaked out as I read about inflammation in the temporal artery and I fely my forehead and could feel that it was more raised on one side than the pther and I could feel it pulsate so thought with that  and my blood levels I had inflammation of the arterys but was told I am fine try not too worry hun contact your doctor and get some advice x

• Posted

yea thanks lovely sure will be fine, not been ill for ages, repeating bloods tomorrow and seeing doc, hope all good r end x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.