It's getting on my nerves!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Good evening hippies!

Not mentioned it before , but at the end of the day my operated leg's nerves are firing off like popping candy. Is anyone else suffering the same or am I just the lucky one?

love and hugs xx

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

While I think some of us experince somethings and most of all wiil experience other things, I  cannot say I have exerienced the leg nerves popping like candy sad   xo

• Posted

I had this the day after my surgery. I videoed all the nerves in my thigh twitching and stuff. Kt was horrendously annoying 😂

• Posted

You're telling me! Just don't know where to put my leg!! Sore bum and nervy leg- it's enough to turn me to drink!! 😫

• Posted

Haha i was the total opposite. I had my first drink last saturday for the first time since new year haha. The effect my hip was having on me started to ruin my fun and i couldnt enjoy going out or anything so just stopped drinking, also wanted to be a bit healthy for the surgery haha. 😂 how long post op are you? X

• Posted

Ten long weeks Sarah, I'm a healthy 62 usually! Haven't been able to work on my allotment since March and getting a bit fed up to be honest. xx

• Posted

Awww i dont blame you. Im 20 and im about 18 weeks post op and i barely get out tbh. Im also recovery from another surgery but my pain in knees and backs is so high atm its getting me down haha. So im going on a date with the Mr tomorrow haha.

When do you think you will try going back to the allotment? Xx

• Posted

Don't hold out much hope for the rest of this summer. Pinning all my hopes on physio next week to help with the stalled recovery, enjoy your date! xx

• Posted

Haha well if you're in the UK i think our summer is about over haha. Its lashed down most of the day and its meant to tomorrow to haha. Has something happened to stall your recovery or is it just a long one? I feel worse now than i did before op if thats even possible 😂

Thankyou im looking forward to it, we're going to a farm 😂 xx

• Posted

Hi Kate I'm a healthy 62 also, I'm just at 6 weeks

finding very uncomfortable to walk with out crutches, how we're you at this time in recovery?

It's so frustrating isn't it you can't do things you want to do so much, with me I'm an avid

gardener hope to be one again on day .lots of hugs Ana

• Posted

Hi Ana

at 6 weeks I was on one stick but only just. The worst thing for me was all the people! We live in the country and had to travel to London for my post op with the surgeon. That was really scary, going on the train then being surrounded by lots of commuters. 

At 11 weeks I still use my stick sometimes, no shame in that my dear! Doing lots in the pool and peddled a recumbent bike yesterday for the first time. One thing I recommend - get some physio, I had to wait but am finally going on Tuesday , hope I haven't done any permanent damage but we all do need some help ( not just a leaflet) in the early stages.

take it steady, rest and eat plants of fresh foods to strengthen those poorly muscles! Hugs xxx

• Posted

Hi Kate I shall defiantly push for pyhs when I see consultant onTuesday .much love annie xxx
    • Posted

Me too, started to diet in the new year preparing for THR this meant cutting out the booze, and also like you pain and tramadol pre op meant that I was a bit of a party pooper. Anyway had the op on July 18th and the surgeon managed to break my leg in theatre, so I was non weight bearing for 6 weeks (going in to see surgeon on wednesday) anyway due to the set back ive been stuck in the house cos there are lots of stairs, but I have had enough, and Ive hired a wheelchair, my 4 friends are coming over tonight to take me out, and I think I'll have a couple of beers ...woohoo

BTW have managed to lose 16 kilos since January and I know that this will make a huge difference to my rehab.

• Posted

The dreaded restless leg syndrome!  I had this last week about an hour after going to bed - it's awful.  Try stretching and walking.  I use magnesium spray too.  Hope it goes soon X X 

• Posted

😰magnesium spray! Does this work topically?!

Please let me know if it works ... please let it be so!

Combined with the night sweats last time .. it was brutal.

I am determined to beat it with my next surgery in Sept.

Thanks for the hint.

L

• Posted

Magnesuim spray? do tell... do we spray ourselves?  I saw on a tv show

( Dr Oz)  that most of us are 80% deficient in magnesium and the best way to cure it is either a foot bath or bath with Epson salts!  I tired it last summer, my soreness and muscles felt so much better.  Now I realize that probbly non of us can take a bath but you have me thing of a oot soak in my lavender epson salts.  biggrin wink, wink Annette xo

• Posted

just got some magnesium spray - will let you know how it works for me! X
    • Posted

It usually works for me - just spray on and rub in.  I got mine from Holland & Barrat) UK store). It can sting sometimes.

• Posted

Hi,  how are you getting on with the spray ?  Had to use mine again tonight and it's helped. X

• Posted

Hi Sarah

Annette is right, it does sting but strangely it does work. Finally got to physio yesterday. More exercise including retraining my balance brain!! I've got to stand on one leg then the with eyes closed for as long as possible.At the moment I can only do 19 seconds!! X

• Posted

Great news- pleased it's helped biggrin x

Well done on 19 seconds x

• Posted

my lord, all of us think it's our brains but I must tell you it's this site and how our keyboards work or don't work on it, awful.

I was stating above the use of a foot bath smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.