Is this Acid reflux?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. First time to the site. For about a day now, I've had pain in my stomach and what feels like a "lump" in my throat and feels like I need to belch. It causes discomfort for extended periods of time. I was considering going to see a doctor about it, but it felt kinda small, so I was wondering if I could get some help here.

I was diagnosed (or whatever the word is) with acid reflux about 2 years back, but had really only experienced heartburn to a minor degree. If there is a way to cure this without the hassle of going to the hospital, please feel free to share.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't go to the hospital, go to a gastroenterologistsmile they will do a barium swallow test and possibly also ah endoscopy. I have that same sensation- it could be anxiety or acid reflux, or acid reflux mixed with anxiety haha. Good luck!! smile

• Posted

Hi, sounds like it is reflux - did the doctor put you on medication when first diagnosed and have you been taking it? If you have and jad no relief certainly go back to the Gastroenterologist
  • Posted

anxiety and lpr /gerd is a very bad combination. lump in the throat is the globus sensation, mine is onhte right side,it feels well when you eat. try to lessen stress and eat the right food at the right time. i do eat frequent small meals. our body has its own healing mechanism, see your dr and he can best evaluate your condition but you also need to help yourself good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.