Deep vien thrombosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I m suffering from deep vien thrombosis from last 12 days and have started taking medicine named zoralto from a week, but still swellings persists, what should I do, pls. Reply

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,  there is no medication to "cure" a DVT, the medication you are taking is to stop it getting worse and to stop other clots forming. You have to wait now until your body naturally absorbs the clot.  The swelling takes weeks to go down.  I had my clot washed out with an anjiojet but my leg was still bady swollen for a couple of months.  You need to keep the leg elevated at all times, even at night it is good to raise the foot end of your bed.  Wear compression stockings if they have been prescribed and excercise when you can.  I was told walking was good but no standing.  Its a slow process I am afraid. 

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear about your DVR. It take time for the swelling g to go downmi suppose I was quite lucky as mine went down after having clot busting treatment, I had quite a severe DVT, im still left with some pain in ky leg but it's only been 4 weeks. you just need to be patient I'm afraid.

All the best

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your DVT

Leg swelling can take a couple of months to resolve

In a few months time you should be referred to the Lymphadema Nurse to get measured for a compression stocking This is to ensure you don't get PTS - Post Thrombotic Syndrome

You should wear the garment for between 6-12 months This should also help with any swelling you may experience

• Posted

Really sorry to hear. I've had mine over two years and still have to wear my stocking to avoid swelling. Exercise, liquid and luck all help! Hope yours goes away completely

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.