Concerned about Headaches

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband has a DVT second blood clot and taking xarelto he is having horrible headaches.... is this something we should worry about? im concerened because hes never had headaches like this in the past. He was just at the Dr Thursday. Do you think the medicine could cause the headaches?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am on apixaban which is a similar medication and was warned of several side effects including bad headaches, I was also told that these often subside after a few days usage.  My hematologist rang me 8 days after I had been taking it to check on side effects but luckily I had none.  I have googled your drug and it has all the same side effects, including headaches, as I was told about. I think your husband should go back to your doctor, maybe they can try something else.
    • Posted

Thanks for your response I was talking with him today he informed me the headachs actually started before he started the medicine so I dont know.
  • Posted

Hello Cindy

if your symptoms are more severe than the complaint then, if it was myself, I would request to try something else.  You are not suppose to suffer whilst taking something to benefit you. Life needs to move forward. 

Hope this helps

regards

Christine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.