Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand june 16,2016 and i am expercencing wrist pain in my right wrist after 2 months 5days since the surgery is that normal?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

The simple answer is no.... but as with most things in life it's a bit more complicated than that really. I've just added a new section on the timecourse of recovery after surgery to carpal-tunnel.net so you could start by reading that. Dr J Bland

• Posted

Hi Katy

Have you been back to see your consultant? I had surgery on my dominant left hand in December 2014 and my hand is worse now than it was before 😩 numbness loss of feeling etc I have asked for a referral to go back to see him as I am not happy x at first it was like you say pain in wrist but this was said to be healing? I would go back just to get checked out and to settle your mind xxx Nicola

• Posted

I went back on aug 8 2016. I have physical therapy i can ask them
    • Posted

Hiya

Yeah I would go back make sure all ok, I had physio too not much help but you have to try xx keep us informed Katy x take care x

• Posted

i had this funny twisting pain in my wrist which lasted for quite a few months and i read it is because ligament has been cut and takes time to heal - it went away but seems to have come back again in the last few weeks so not sure why - would appreciate other comments on this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.