Withdrawals how long??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi folks. I came off 15mg mirt 3 and a half weeks ago...had to get anti sickness and anti hisitmine tablets from doctor 2 weeks ago but the withdrawals are still the same. Nausea feeling, not sleeping great, headaches etc. How long do the withdrawals last? I was on them for 5 years and tapered over 4 weeks. I feel terrible.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clara

Wow you took this drug for 5 years, thats rough. Iwas only on them for about a month an a half. But yes the withdrawls lasted about 2 months. I personally thin you came off it too fast. But I wouldnt go back on it If you can Just sweat it out. During my detox I drank about a gallon of water a day that seemed to help flush it out. My best to you as Mirtazapine is an EVIL drug

• Posted

I know. I didn't think 5 years was that bad until I looked into it when I was thinking of coming off it and looking on here. I've always thought 4 weeks tapering was way too quick but that's what the doctor advised. Going to try and get emergency appointment tomorrow. I've rode this out for overr 3 weeks but today I've hit breaking point and can't handle it anymore. Thanks for your reply and your support x

• Posted

Hey Clara, I started a thread a few days ago about this! Im off them too, nearly 4 weeks now off 15mg (I was on them for about 10 months) and my travel sickness is awful. It's so bad I think I am going to have to give up my job bc it's not getting better at all. I still feel so nauseous too with an upset stomach and migraines every day. I need hope it'll get better xx

• Posted

Hi Clara

Yes you are right, way too fast.  See here for an informed choice, print and show it your doctor if need be, I do this ... its because they don't receive the training, you probably know more about tapering than they do having studied this forum:

About me

For advice on tapering Mirtazapine slowly at the recommended rate of no more than 10% every 3 or 4 weeks, please see the following which is within this forum,

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570

and then click on the link "REDUCING AD'S USING 10% WITHDRAWAL METHOD".

I would reinstate to about 11.25 mg which is 3/4 of the dose you were on, wait to feel stabilised ... it may be a few days/4days or sometimes more.   Tell your doctor "you can't cope" if you feel, like you say, you've "hit breaking point", there's lots of good advice on here, hang on in there.

Wishing you well  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.