Abnormally Enlarged Supraclavicular Lymph Node, No Other Symptons...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have an abnormally enlarged supraclavicular lymph node, for coming up to 4 weeks now, gradually growing in size, no other symptons, no infections, it is not tender, quite firm and about the size of a 10 pence piece roughly. I am 26, almost healthy weight, eat well, never had anything wrong with me and never had swollen lymph nodes like this in the past. Ultrasound and CT Scans just say have a biopsy, was going through immigration for NZ at the time so had a bunch of clear blood tests then, further blood tests all clear (liver function and all that) - waiting on biopsy through NHS (so sadly waiting ages), NZ GP was concerned about it being cancer, but my weight has been steady, no night sweats or fever. Anyone have any insights?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You've already had ct and ultrasound and they said you needed a biopsy? If you dont mind can i ask why? Did they see something concerning or just taking precaution

How big is the lymph node?

I've had ultrasound and ct scan...still waiting to hear back from ct scan but ive had a swollen lymph node under my right ear for about 6 months and I have really bad anxiety so it doesn't help. No other symptoms, doctors say not to worry but I can't help it. My lymph node feel huge to me but when the ENT doctor felt it he said it was smaller than a pea. I'm trying to keep as calm and patient as I possibly can, I know its not easy but try not to think about it. All will turn out well!

• Posted

I moved to NZ and noticed the lump there, kiwi GP, consuting GP and guys who did the CT Scan and Ultrasound said it's better to be safe and were concerned about it being something very serious, even knowing I had no other symptons. Had to come back as kiwi healthcare is expensive sadly, uk GP was dismissive and brief, shrugged off thinking it was something serious and just reffered me for a biopsy. I'll be waiting ages no doubt but I find little information on what it could be without other symptons. Two weeks ago it was 1cm at the Ultrasound (felt bigger to the touch), then less than a week under the CT scan it was 1.2cm, it's about 2 weeks since then and it feels almost twice the size. I feel absolutely fine so don't expect it to be anything serious, just hate not knowing and the NHS system is so slow (due to an overpopulated island I know).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.