Heel Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been experiencing heel pain for a month now and have just bought some heel supports.  Should I wear only the one in the affected foot or both feet?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mike, unless your doctor has recommended you only wear one insert, you should wear both for two reasons: an uneven gait/step can lead to other alignment problems leading to back pain, hip pain, etc. and having the insole in the unaffected foot may help prevent the heel pain from ever appearing. 

Let me know how you feel with the inserts (and please share with the community what brand, etc. you used) 

- Terri 

• Posted

Mike, I agree with what Terri said. If there's only one there, you will make one leg taller than the other and your hip will start hurting. Wearing both won't hurt anything.

• Posted

I am no medic but think you should wear them for both feet.

The reason is that it be more balanced, also even they are probably not too thick, wearing in one shoe will give a small leg length discrepancy. Although only minor I know people who have found this leads to a different walking gait, hip imbalance, and lower back pain over a period of time.

• Posted

Ok thanks everyone, both supports it shall be!
  • Posted

Both feet to keep your body in proper alignment. Plus, if you got it in one foot you could get it in the other. I hope you are doing getting better. You need to wear good shoes with proper support and run your sore foot over a frozen water bottle a few times a day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.