Increased dose of paxil from 20mg to 40mg with huge anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello😆 Have been on paxil 20mg for 5 weeks and doc increased to 40mg last thursday (5 days ago). Since the increase my anxiety has hit the roof!! Im just lying around today trying to keep myself a bit calm and stop the panic. Even dropping my son off at kindy made me feel panicky. Did anyone else experience a huge increase in anxiety about day 5 os starting or increasing paxil/seroxat...Id appreciate any comments

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You have to give it time to work. It will work! Otherwise go back to your Dr and get something else. Sertroline appears to be the "in drug" right now.

• Posted

Hi.

Try taking half a vallium with it for a few weeks untill it starts to take affect. When I first started the doctor had me on 20mg and 15mg of vallium a day for 2 weeks.its been 2 years now and I am a lot better then what I was

• Posted

So, how are you doing after a month on 40 mg paxil ?  Better or worse ? 40 mg/  seems like such a high dose.  No wonder you are feeling so anxious. 

Regards. 

• Posted

I am in the same boat. My anxiety is terrible. Having heart palpitations,shakiness,and crying all the time. Im curious to see what everyone else did to stop this. My dr wants to put me on lexapro but im scared.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.