Restless Legs Coming Off Tramadol

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been taking tramadol since July 3, for an ankle injury. I've tried twice to come off of it. I was at 50mg 3x a day. Am I the only one experiencing restless leg with this? It is so bad that it wakes me, or keeps me from the 15 minutes of sleep I can get every three hours. How do I make this horrible feeling of restless leg go away? Thank you so very much smile I'm trying to taper off, both times I cold turkey were horrible. But the main issue I have is restless leg. The problem is I don't have enough to taper correctly and I go into the doctor on weds, do I ask for more to taper or are there remedies at home to kill this horrible feeling in my legs, I get at night?

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I found it began for me while still taking Tramadol when I mixed it with a OTC sleep aid containing Diphenhydromine. It worsened after stopping Tramadol cold turkey and what helped was wearing tight knee socks to bed. Normally I don't sleep with socks on because it makes me too warm, so I cut the toes off and it felt better and it worked.

• Posted

I'm curious if it helps you a bit or not at all. If it worked, the I'd like to spread the word to help others.

• Posted

I did not sleep with long socks last night, my body was so tired I fell right to sleep. But today, I am having leg issues so I will try then and let you know smile thank you for this advice

• Posted

Hi there ive been trying to come of tramadol for 3years its the worst drug to get of along with dyhadrocdine for me. Alot of people say Thomas cook recipes is the way to go with a bit of motivation n determination lol . Im goin to get clean of these disgusting painkillers wish i new then what i no now b4 taken these pills unfortunately i take a dangerous amounts of both pills. Im seeking help now b4 it kills me. I've been putting it of tho bc W/D is hell warmed up with restless leg brain zaps hot n cold sweats sneezing depression insomnia skin crawling drug craving etc i can go on and on. Just get to your gp and stop now. Good luck.

• Posted

I really hope you can get the help you need love. I've been doing alright and the socks really helped a lot. I was only on them for a month but it was terrible. Best of wishes and sending prayers your way

• Posted

Well you never guess where I've been lol the hospital i had another seizure this time it scared the knickers of me lol jokez aside get of these pills b4 it happens to you love im gona do alot of soul searching now iv cut down by half today n feel as good as i can be after an episode like that. We can beat this 👍 xox

• Posted

I do hope things get much better for you love. Hugs and prayers your way
  • Posted

Socks, I'd love to know if the tight knee socks (with toes cut off or not) helped anyone with the RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME!! I am 11 months COLD TURKEY from that devil of a medication and I'm still here wanting to help others. It can be done!!

• Posted

I'm not addicted, I've been off of the need for a week but still have bad restless legs. I did find that nurse compression socks are wonderful when dealing with the legs smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.