Post EVLT Surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had EVLT procedure done  on both legs 3 weeks ago for venous insufficiency.  I had 4 procedures - 2 on the greater saphenous veins right and left legs and the small saphenous veins, lower extremity, right and left.  I had absolutely no pain during or after the procedure.  I had to wear the stockings for two weeks.  I have noticed a slight residual swelling of the ankles at the end of the day.  But yesterday Idid not wear the stockings and at the end of the day my ankles were very swollen just like before the procedure.  Is this normal?  Has anyone had a similar experience?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hello joyce

I have mild varicose veins in my calves and have not had surgery as I went to the doctor earlier enough for her to prescribe tights that reduce the inflamation of the veins and prevent more from happening!

I cannot comment on your surgery but what I will say is keep wearing the supprt tights / stockings because when I do not for a few days due to hot weather I get the aches and pains again. Try doing alternate days ?

Kind regs - Kate

• Posted

Thanks Kate for your comment.  I live in a hot climate and maybe that exacerbates the problem but I thought after the EVLT procedure which is supposed to kill off the diseased veins that the healthy veins would take over but maybe that would take a little time.  Since I did it in another country I guess I will have to contact the doctor who did it.
    • Posted

in the meantime just wear the stockings at certain times of day when you can bear them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.