Help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I had prostate inflammation. My symptom was very strong in the first month my doc give me in the first 10 days doxycilin 2 tablet in the day, and then ciproflaxcacin 2 tablet for one month and then 1 tablet for one week. My doc is in his holiday now I still feel little pain into in the end of urinary tract.

Do you think it take time and disappear by it self or I should continue with antibautics I am now with antibautics for 54 day.

Thank you for helping me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What instructions did the doctor leave you with...eg, as you mentioned? Did he have a locum(stand in doctor) who could advise you? Often, for prostate inflamation, extended periods of taking antibiotics are required, with a gradual reduction as you finish. Usually a month to six weeks common, though depends on the doctors overal plan.

I would not keep taking the tablets without further advice.

Geoff

• Posted

The prostate is a very fatty organ, and it takes a long time for antibiotics to get in there and work, if they will work with your problem at all.

Neal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.